This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to check the validity of a Diablo 3 CD code without redeeming it?

#1wallyosuPosted 3/22/2014 4:23:50 PM
80/80

I already own Diablo 3, but found a used copy for less than a buck at a thrift shop. As the title says, can I somehow check if the code is valid a) without redeeming it and b) if I already own it?
#2ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/22/2014 4:27:13 PM
Give it to me and I'll check it for you.
#3wallyosu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:28:02 PM
Really? That is so nice of you! Check your PM!
#4wallyosu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:37:45 PM
Does anyone have a serious reply?
#5gastamanPosted 3/22/2014 4:39:22 PM
It's less than a buck. Just buy it and take the risk.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#6QuestofChosenPosted 3/22/2014 4:41:10 PM
Well you can try google. It is really not a question where you are likely to find a answer though.
---
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Darksiders 2
#7wallyosu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:45:32 PM
gastaman posted...
It's less than a buck. Just buy it and take the risk.

I already bought it. I'm trying to figure out if the code is valid and I don't know how to check it...

QuestofChosen posted...
It is really not a question where you are likely to find a answer though.

I don't understand what you mean...
#8FaPaThYPosted 3/22/2014 4:49:57 PM
No, there's no way to check if the code's valid without redeeming it. Really though, unless it was still factory sealed or something, it's most definitely already used.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#9wallyosu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:59:04 PM
Something tells me that someone bought it and didn't know how to activate it. If I'm wrong, I'm out 90 cents plus tax...

Clues: a) A receipt was in the box for the game and a service plan (apparently for the game). People who purchase such plans are often foolish (perhaps more than I am for believing otherwise).
b) The CD itself was missing, although all other items (case with key, notepad, etc.) were present. Perhaps the owner kept the CD, thinking that it was what was needed and never got around to playing / activating.
c) Why give a useless box full of useless junk to a thrift store as opposed to tossing it? A real player of the game should know otherwise.
#10DetectivPenguinPosted 3/22/2014 6:02:37 PM
wallyosu posted...
Something tells me that someone bought it and didn't know how to activate it. If I'm wrong, I'm out 90 cents plus tax...

Clues: a) A receipt was in the box for the game and a service plan (apparently for the game). People who purchase such plans are often foolish (perhaps more than I am for believing otherwise).
b) The CD itself was missing, although all other items (case with key, notepad, etc.) were present. Perhaps the owner kept the CD, thinking that it was what was needed and never got around to playing / activating.
c) Why give a useless box full of useless junk to a thrift store as opposed to tossing it? A real player of the game should know otherwise.

To answer C: Someones parents.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?