This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good gamesthat are free or cheap?

#21thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 3:22:53 PM
Thanks but I already got that one. It is a good idea though.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#22rusty12000Posted 3/28/2014 3:44:03 PM
If you like Moba games at all I'd suggest Smite its free as well.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#23PhilOnDezPosted 3/28/2014 3:45:55 PM
Snadados posted...
Free: Firefall

Is Firefall good now? It was pretty much trash when I last tried it out but I heard one of the lead devs (or maybe just CEO or something) who would come in and demand a bunch of changes wasn't interested in the game anymore and was just staying at the company as a way to fund his other hobbies was fired.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#24thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 4:24:08 PM
rusty12000 posted...
If you like Moba games at all I'd suggest Smite its free as well.

I dunno if I am. most of my exposure to them is hearing about them and trying to play Dota 2 twice. first time i didn't get past the menu in the beta or whatever and the other time I had to do the tutorial and didn't wanna watch stuff before playing.

PhilOnDez posted...
one of the lead devs (or maybe just CEO or something) who would come in and demand a bunch of changes wasn't interested in the game anymore and was just staying at the company as a way to fund his other hobbies was fired.

that happened? o_O
---
#25thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 3:28:41 PM
bump
---
#26lazycomplifePosted 3/29/2014 3:34:15 PM
I'd say Planetside 2, Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes, and Warframe.
For MMOs: TERA and Neverwinter
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#27kill2thisPosted 3/29/2014 4:16:32 PM
Not free, but Goat Simulator is cheap enough.
#28MadPinoRagePosted 3/29/2014 4:21:33 PM
Check out www.gog.com
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#29BeknessPosted 3/30/2014 1:58:28 AM
thatauthor posted...
I did already! I beat it on 360 then bought it on steam to play with friends but only did twice(with different friends both times even if they all knew each other).

Hah, wicked. In 15 hours though? Damn. I beat it on 360 as well before I played it on Steam.

that game is weird in a good way. it also says I own the game even though I don't recognize it. I can understand that happening with say Fallen Earth(since it can be similar to other games; especially Fallout 3+NV), but that game is unique so I'd think I remember it.

edit: I probably looked up free games on steam, randomly added it, and forgot about it. I still don't remember it though. Good game though, if on the short side.

Glad you liked it. It certainly was random. Like the "I am the Walrus" of video games. @_@

I already own and beat the Peggle that the 360 has. I also tried that one but didn't really like it. thanks for the recs though!

Damn, man, I thought everyone loved Peggle.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Borderlands Babes & I Now Reading - Kill Your Boss & All American Girl
#30thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 2:32:19 AM(edited)
lazycomplife posted...
I'd say Planetside 2, Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes, and Warframe.
For MMOs: TERA and Neverwinter

I'll look up Planetside 2. the rest I either own or have no interest in.

kill2this posted...
Not free, but Goat Simulator is cheap enough.

Steam, indie bundles and my own cheapness have really screwed the pooch on prices for me. I dunno if I wanna pay $10 for it. Especially since I remember the devs saying something along the lines that it gets boring quick or something similar.

MadPinoRage posted...
Check out www.gog.com

been there. I got Duke Nukem 3D from them. I think for free too.

Bekness posted...
Hah, wicked. In 15 hours though? Damn. I beat it on 360 as well before I played it on Steam.

yeah. most of my game time was alone though. I had beat it on 360 well before getting it on steam too. bought the 4 pack for 75% though. I probably never would have played it if it weren't for the fact that Iplayed the hour long demo on PSN because of i got the PSN+ year long trial.

Bekness posted...
Damn, man, I thought everyone loved Peggle.

I did like it when I played it on 360. it was more how the devs/publishers treated the game.
---