This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good gamesthat are free or cheap?

#31thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:24:09 PM
bump
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#32sonic_man00Posted 4/2/2014 8:31:58 PM
thatauthor posted...
bump

Terraria is cheap, But it can get boring.
Titan Quest goes on sale.
Battlefield 2 and Bad Company (If you have a console like 360/PS3).
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#33royal_prawnPosted 4/2/2014 8:40:24 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
Terraria is cheap, But it can get boring.
Titan Quest goes on sale.
Battlefield 2 and Bad Company (If you have a console like 360/PS3).

played the Terraria demo on 360. It didn't really capture my attention.
don't know much about Titan Quest.
I own Battlefield Bad company, Imma google both Battlefield 2 and Titan quest
---
Yay for unprotected sex! :D - XxsundragonmalikxX
#34KilronPosted 4/2/2014 8:47:47 PM
Well, you've picked up several games I already would have recommended, and your links in the OP introduced me to like 3 or 4 new games.

Not much I have left to recommend, though I will say if you don't own it, get Worms Armageddon. The CD version Sold Out Software sells is about 7 bucks depending on where you acquire it, and it can also come with Worms 2 and/or World Party (again, depending on where you get it). Worms 2 is unlikely to work on modern PCs, but Armageddon is still getting updates, and I think World Party has at least a Win 7 fix. Don't bother buying the steam version, you can play with steam users as well as CD users, and the only benefit you have is automatic patch updates.

If you've never ever played Worms and have no clue what it's like, go download Hedgewars, which is free! It's basically the same thing, with different physics and hedgehogs instead of worms. The only reason I suggest Worms over Hedgewars is because Hedgewars is still technically unfinished, it's a good game, but Armageddon just has more content available (not counting cosmetic options, Hedgewars wins hands down here).
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#35thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:55:52 PM
Kilron posted...
your links in the OP introduced me to like 3 or 4 new games.

good! it's always fun to get new games.

Kilron posted...
Not much I have left to recommend, though I will say if you don't own it, get Worms Armageddon. The CD version Sold Out Software sells is about 7 bucks depending on where you acquire it, and it can also come with Worms 2 and/or World Party (again, depending on where you get it). Worms 2 is unlikely to work on modern PCs, but Armageddon is still getting updates, and I think World Party has at least a Win 7 fix. Don't bother buying the steam version, you can play with steam users as well as CD users, and the only benefit you have is automatic patch updates.

If you've never ever played Worms and have no clue what it's like, go download Hedgewars, which is free! It's basically the same thing, with different physics and hedgehogs instead of worms. The only reason I suggest Worms over Hedgewars is because Hedgewars is still technically unfinished, it's a good game, but Armageddon just has more content available (not counting cosmetic options, Hedgewars wins hands down here).

I've heard of Sold Out Software as I bought Undying from them. I remember trying a Worms game but I didn't like it. probably cause I sucked at it and/or didn't know what to do. I'll look into Hedgewars though
---
#36-GhosT-Posted 4/2/2014 9:09:46 PM(edited)
H3y I'm n3w 4r0un4 h3r3 4nd 1i3k tr1b3s 4sc3nd 1s s0 1337

Tribes

Ascend

*I got away with it*
---
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
#37KilronPosted 4/2/2014 9:10:52 PM
thatauthor posted...
I've heard of Sold Out Software as I bought Undying from them. I remember trying a Worms game but I didn't like it. probably cause I sucked at it and/or didn't know what to do. I'll look into Hedgewars though

Yeah, that's the problem with Worms games, they never actually tell you what to do in game, you either find out for yourself or read online. Doesn't help that all the newer games are filled with noobs who intentionally will not tell people stuff to keep an advantage in a match. Meanwhile my first online match in Armageddon, the guy I played with intentionally kept me alive for a while because he could tell I needed time to practice the rope, which seems like patronizing me a bit, but we chatted and had a good time, and I learned a lot of things too.

Hedgewars sadly has less players than it did years ago (fun fact: the original artist for Terraria used to work on it...his leaving dropped the player base a decent chunk), but since it is free, I usually don't have problems convincing people to try it out, and they always get a kick out of all the hats you can choose from.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#38thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:07:41 PM
-GhosT- posted...
Tribes: Ascend

already logged in 51 minutes on it.

Kilron posted...
fun fact: the original artist for Terraria used to work on it...

neat

Kilron posted...
they never actually tell you what to do in game,

from what I've played of Hedge wars, it might be the same
---
#390cu_87Posted 4/2/2014 11:38:44 PM
thatauthor posted...
chandl34 posted...
Free:
Dwarf Fortress

not really into rogue-likes.

Then try its Fortress Mode, it's its main feature. I also don't like the Adventure Mode.
---
Take action now! - https://thedaywefightback.org/international/
#40NeninaPosted 4/3/2014 12:43:08 AM
Solitaire.