This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good gamesthat are free or cheap?

#41thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 12:23:18 AM
Nenina posted...
Solitaire.

I've logged over 1000 games in that. also beat Minesweeper on advanced.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#42sonic_man00Posted 4/3/2014 10:03:12 AM
thatauthor posted...
Kilron posted...
your links in the OP introduced me to like 3 or 4 new games.

good! it's always fun to get new games.

Kilron posted...
Not much I have left to recommend, though I will say if you don't own it, get Worms Armageddon. The CD version Sold Out Software sells is about 7 bucks depending on where you acquire it, and it can also come with Worms 2 and/or World Party (again, depending on where you get it). Worms 2 is unlikely to work on modern PCs, but Armageddon is still getting updates, and I think World Party has at least a Win 7 fix. Don't bother buying the steam version, you can play with steam users as well as CD users, and the only benefit you have is automatic patch updates.

If you've never ever played Worms and have no clue what it's like, go download Hedgewars, which is free! It's basically the same thing, with different physics and hedgehogs instead of worms. The only reason I suggest Worms over Hedgewars is because Hedgewars is still technically unfinished, it's a good game, but Armageddon just has more content available (not counting cosmetic options, Hedgewars wins hands down here).

I've heard of Sold Out Software as I bought Undying from them. I remember trying a Worms game but I didn't like it. probably cause I sucked at it and/or didn't know what to do. I'll look into Hedgewars though

BTW, If your gonna try a Worms game, Do Ultimate Mayhem or 3D. 2D worms is meh, 3D Worms is AWEEESOOMEE!
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#43JKatarnPosted 4/3/2014 12:38:16 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
thatauthor posted...
Kilron posted...
your links in the OP introduced me to like 3 or 4 new games.

good! it's always fun to get new games.

Kilron posted...
Not much I have left to recommend, though I will say if you don't own it, get Worms Armageddon. The CD version Sold Out Software sells is about 7 bucks depending on where you acquire it, and it can also come with Worms 2 and/or World Party (again, depending on where you get it). Worms 2 is unlikely to work on modern PCs, but Armageddon is still getting updates, and I think World Party has at least a Win 7 fix. Don't bother buying the steam version, you can play with steam users as well as CD users, and the only benefit you have is automatic patch updates.

If you've never ever played Worms and have no clue what it's like, go download Hedgewars, which is free! It's basically the same thing, with different physics and hedgehogs instead of worms. The only reason I suggest Worms over Hedgewars is because Hedgewars is still technically unfinished, it's a good game, but Armageddon just has more content available (not counting cosmetic options, Hedgewars wins hands down here).

I've heard of Sold Out Software as I bought Undying from them. I remember trying a Worms game but I didn't like it. probably cause I sucked at it and/or didn't know what to do. I'll look into Hedgewars though

BTW, If your gonna try a Worms game, Do Ultimate Mayhem or 3D. 2D worms is meh, 3D Worms is AWEEESOOMEE!

I'd have to disagree with you there, Ultimate Mayhem is entertaining enough but the camera + distances involved make firing with any kind of accuracy more difficult than it need be - 2D worms is infinitely more accessible in that regard.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#44Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 1:03:55 PM
Starcraft 2 Arcade/Custom maps
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#45pwnater777Posted 4/3/2014 1:21:55 PM
The latest Humble Weekly sale, if you don't already have the games.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#46KilronPosted 4/3/2014 1:23:59 PM(edited)
sonic_man00 posted...

3D Worms in general has an absolutely terrible camera, and that alone kills the games for me. I don't even like the 2.5D games, 3D graphics in general just do not seem to go well with Worms.

On topic, I see you have Just Cause 2 TC, have you tried the multiplayer mod? It's pretty fun, if a bit chaotic when hundreds are playing at a time.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#47KilronPosted 4/3/2014 1:23:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48-5xad0w-Posted 4/3/2014 1:26:05 PM
What is your actual taste in games? (free or otherwise)

Might help people narrow down suggestions instead of just listing all known/currently popular free games.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#49thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 2:00:09 PM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Starcraft 2 Arcade/Custom maps

not so into RTS games except AoE 2 and three.

pwnater777 posted...
The latest Humble Weekly sale, if you don't already have the games.

already saw it thanks.

Kilron posted...
On topic, I see you have Just Cause 2 TC, have you tried the multiplayer mod? It's pretty fun, if a bit chaotic when hundreds are playing at a time.

I have the mod but never used it cause Just Cause wasn't installed.

-5xad0w- posted...
What is your actual taste in games? (free or otherwise)

I like fast paced game, shooters, RPGS, fantasy, historical, modern, sci-fi, among other things. I prefer 3D vs 2D/retro but I do like 2D and retro. I liked both NightSky and Cthulu saves the word. I primarily like SP games though Team Fortress 2 and Fallen earth are both good.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#50Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 2:06:24 PM
The Sc2 arcade is much different than ladder or melee maps, theres card games to social group games like Mafia to a PvP cat vs mouse TD called Island Defense.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi