This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about buying titanfall

#1szunegaPosted 3/23/2014 10:11:14 AM
I don't buy PC games often, so I apologize if I sound dumb. But basicly my friend said that he would buy me titanfall off of origin. I have an origin account. But I was wondering how it works exactly? I think you can buy a digital copy off origin's website. But like, if he bought it for me, would it automatically download to his PC? or would he get a product code or something that he can give me?
---
The Wii and the NES had the most amount of shovelware ever.
#2Jprime666Posted 3/23/2014 10:14:03 AM
I don't know how Origin does it, but on Steam he would be able to gift it to you. It will be tied to your account, not his.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#3cody4783Posted 3/23/2014 10:16:33 AM
Hm, that's an interesting question. Last I checked, Origin didn't have a "Gift" option, so I want to say he'd have to buy it on your account (Logs into your account, but uses his means of payment).

The easier alternative being he buys it off one of the many other sites (Such as Amazon's digital selection, or GreenManGaming) that sell digital copies of the game and give you a CD key to register on Origin.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#4Majoras_pantsPosted 3/23/2014 10:19:41 AM
Yhea just buy it on GMG, it's cheaper anyway. Then you get a key and you can give the key away.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#5The_Count_FooPosted 3/23/2014 10:40:44 AM
They also sell physical copies. I bought it from gamestop so I didn't have to download 20+ GB.
---
Divided by night...