This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Repairman goes to your house, fixes your sink, fixes your toilet, fixes your....

#11Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 9:02:26 PM
jedinat posted...
This might not be an entirely pathetic analogy if game developers came to your house with cracked copies of their games and installed them on your PC for you to play.

I haven't had that experience as yet.

...that's what the OP is supposed to be about right? Piracy? lol

the point is dismissing piracy as a victimless crime. no goods are lost, no sales are lost, nothing is lost so it's ok!!! that's what people think

only thing lost is the effort of the repairman, game dev in piracy's case
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#12Timmy124123Posted 3/23/2014 9:02:50 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Goods were lost because you can't fix stuff without stuff unless said stuff weren't broken.

he just tightened a couple of bolts and you paid for the new pipes. how's that?

But did he use solder to join pipes? PVC cement? Goods have been lost.
---
I7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Extreme4 | G Skill 16GB DDR3-1866 | Corsair HX850 | SG 2000 GB | HAF 912 Advanced |
#13sonic_man00Posted 3/23/2014 9:03:55 PM

Why is this on the PC board?
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#14Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 9:05:12 PM
Timmy124123 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Goods were lost because you can't fix stuff without stuff unless said stuff weren't broken.

he just tightened a couple of bolts and you paid for the new pipes. how's that?

But did he use solder to join pipes? PVC cement? Goods have been lost.

in this case the pipes have imbued glue on them so nothing like that is required. no goods are lost
---
#15jedinatPosted 3/23/2014 9:07:52 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
the point is dismissing piracy as a victimless crime. no goods are lost, no sales are lost, nothing is lost so it's ok!!! that's what people think

That's making the assumption that everyone deserves compensation for everything they do. Which is just not true. I wish I got payed whenever I exert myself...
#16Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 9:10:04 PM
jedinat posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

That's making the assumption that everyone deserves compensation for everything they do. Which is just not true. I wish I got payed whenever I exert myself...

so if your boss suddenly decided you don't deserve compensation for working you would be perfectly fine with that? riiiiiiiiight
---
#17jedinatPosted 3/23/2014 9:11:10 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
jedinat posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

so if your boss suddenly decided you don't deserve compensation for working you would be perfectly fine with that? riiiiiiiiight

He's agreed to pay me for when I work at a certain time and a certain place. No agreement has been made between the dev and the one playing their game sans purchase.
#18ScroePosted 3/23/2014 9:14:21 PM
It's called theft of service
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/23/2014 9:14:35 PM
Time is a valuable commodity. That is what you pay for. Time, and any additional expenses required.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#20jedinatPosted 3/23/2014 9:16:50 PM
I'm not saying piracy is right or good, I'm just saying TC's analogy is terrible.