This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Repairman goes to your house, fixes your sink, fixes your toilet, fixes your....

#401drinkPosted 3/27/2014 4:07:20 AM
Little_Tyranius posted...
Software piracy didn't exist when the definition of theft came about, being deprived of the object in question was assumed, and certainly didn't need to be clarified.

Yes, it did.

Software piracy has been around for over 20 years, if the dictionary wasn't updated in that time it is because people felt it wasn't needed.

The one guy said "Software piracy didn't exist when the definition of theft". Without getting to deep into the root/history of the word, I would say the word was defined sometime during the bible age. Mostly due to it being used in the bible. You then said "Yes it did", meaning you do believe that software piracy existed when the definition of theft came about which is (as i pointed out earlier in this post) during the bible age.

post #401. 99 to go guys. don't lose steam
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#402Little_TyraniusPosted 3/27/2014 4:27:27 AM
You then said "Yes it did", meaning you do believe that software piracy existed when the definition of theft came about which is (as i pointed out earlier in this post) during the bible age.

I said "yes it did" in reference to his last statement "didn't need to be clarified".

I suppose I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.
#403drinkPosted 3/27/2014 4:37:03 AM
You then said "Yes it did", meaning you do believe that software piracy existed when the definition of theft came about which is (as i pointed out earlier in this post) during the bible age.

I said "yes it did" in reference to his last statement "didn't need to be clarified".

I suppose I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

Its ok, don't worry about it.
---
#404MonkeymagePosted 3/27/2014 5:15:06 AM
#401 | drink | Posted 3/27/2014 7:07:20 AM | message detail | quote

The one guy said "Software piracy didn't exist when the definition of theft". Without getting to deep into the root/history of the word, I would say the word was defined sometime during the bible age. Mostly due to it being used in the bible. You then said "Yes it did", meaning you do believe that software piracy existed when the definition of theft came about which is (as i pointed out earlier in this post) during the bible age.

It's funny that you think theft had not been previously defined by all the large civilizations and cultures which existed in the thousands of years of human history prior to Judaism (AKA "da bible age").
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#405SpazH3dPosted 3/27/2014 6:05:56 AM
The 500th poster of this thread will be gifted a game of their choice from me.
---
- My vision is augmented
#406drinkPosted 3/27/2014 6:22:17 AM(edited)
Monkeymage posted...
#401 | drink | Posted 3/27/2014 7:07:20 AM | message detail | quote

It's funny that you think theft had not been previously defined by all the large civilizations and cultures which existed in the thousands of years of human history prior to Judaism (AKA "da bible age").

Read the post again. I only picked "bible times" as a reference. I didn't feel like researching the word just to prove a point on GameFaqs. The moment one cave man took something belonging to another cave man, some form of the word "theft" or like definition-ed word was used.

post # 406. don't let it end here!
---
#407Little_TyraniusPosted 3/27/2014 9:45:23 AM

I'll say it beforehand. I want DayZ
#408drinkPosted 3/27/2014 9:49:54 AM
DayZ

I have DayZ and never play it. Couldn't get the hang of it and I suck at it.
---
#409chandl34Posted 3/27/2014 10:00:36 AM
SpazH3d posted...

I want a repairman simulator, but only if it's pirated.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#410Little_TyraniusPosted 3/27/2014 12:21:18 PM
I want a repairman simulator, but only if it's pirated.

What's he gonna do, give you a magnet link?