This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls II : Offline vs Online?

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 3/24/2014 6:23:53 AM(edited)
DkS fans...where do you think the heart of DkS gameplay is? Offline or online?

Im asking because I know alot of people prefer to play Dark Souls alone...especially on their first playthrough completely offline...this creates a more streamlined experience not having to worry about invasions and such during those already critical moments.

This however robs them of helpful messages left by players and Co-op (vs Invaders or bosses) with friends..which is a great experience.

After having been a mainly offline only DS & DkS player for the longest time, I come back to play DkS onlinemajority of the past week and there's no way I can go back to offline only...

imma invade u when DkS II is out bro!

edit: pre-order now !!
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2anonymous46773Posted 3/24/2014 6:36:26 AM
I prefer online, but I make sure that I'm always in soul form so that no one can invade. I like seeing the ghosts, messages, and making use of the blood stain mechanic. It's really neat.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#3revolverPosted 3/24/2014 6:45:52 AM
I love getting invaded. Online is a huge part of the experience but not entirely necessary.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#4burn420247Posted 3/24/2014 6:49:26 AM
online to experience the game as intended.
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#5AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/24/2014 6:51:12 AM
Online is the way it's meant to be played so that's how I roll.
#6zxelmanPosted 3/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
Online.

I don't agree with getting killed by something that's not actually a part of the game though. It's the design, but players are always able to abuse it. I've been killed in some BS ways before. Although some would argue that it's a part of any game to use whatever to your advantage, I don't believe an exploitation contest is my kind of thing, nor does it take much skill.

Exploiting the exploiter is the best thing ever though when you see that angry message.

But when that fair duel comes every once in awhile, even with backstabs and all, I enjoy it.
#7dekouPosted 3/24/2014 8:01:42 AM
Online. I don't mind getting invaded once in a while. You don't lose much by dying and some PvP can be fun once in a while. Besides, the online covenants are fun.

anonymous46773 posted...
I prefer online, but I make sure that I'm always in soul form so that no one can invade. I like seeing the ghosts, messages, and making use of the blood stain mechanic. It's really neat.

In DkS2, you can be invaded even while hollow.
#8SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/24/2014 8:21:18 AM
Online for sure. Dem messages.

I still haven't been invaded in DaS2 and I'm always playing online for what its worth, even having ditched meekbro long ago.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#9darkdragon_9600Posted 3/24/2014 8:37:58 AM
Online. Bloodstains, messages and other players in their own world are awesome.

If you're getting DkS2 on launch, Invasions will at least be more balanced. There's nothing worse on the first one than beginning a new character and being invaded by someone with powerful gear.
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass
http://www.youtube.com/lukedubr for Warframe videos!
#10GynthaeresPosted 3/24/2014 9:07:48 AM
Online. I love the bloodstains, messages, and ghosts.

Sadly I despise PvP, so with no way to opt out in Dark Souls 2 (at least as far as I know), I'll probably end up alt + F4ing a lot. I mean I'll probably give it a chance, but I don't play a game like Dark Souls for PvP at all. Kind of ruins the point of the game, for me at least.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.