This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Decided to clear out all the pointless Steam cards - made almost 5 bucks already

#21ClouddxPosted 3/24/2014 1:14:01 PM
I just made $25 selling my CS:GO P250. =D
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#22Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 3/24/2014 2:38:34 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
How do people make so much or get so many cards? My card drops always sell for like 10 to 15 cents and I never seem to get a booster even though I log into steam every day. v_v

if you're selling your cards that would explain it, you probably have a level 5 account, you're getting zero boosters with a level 5 account your chance is like .001% or something like that. As you level up your account the chance of getting boosters go up. Even if your account is pretty decently leveled you'll still barely get any boosters, I have level 23 and have gotten maybe 10 booster packs in all.

Also jeez you must have had loads of cards to get that much cash, you would have been better off using those cards as trade bait and getting TF2 keys, then using those TF 2 keys trade for games. The sheer amount you'd have to sell in order to make any useful money is ridiculous. Especially considering most cards only give you .05 back. Sure you have the occasional game that gives you .20 but they are few and far between.

Lame. I don't like the card system, tbh. Only get half of the cards as drops from the game (lol duplicates) and then just rely on these apparently super rare boosters or buy cards to level up to increase your chance to...get these super rare boosters.

Meh.
---
Yep.
#23OrgeLambartPosted 3/24/2014 11:02:18 PM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
How do people make so much or get so many cards? My card drops always sell for like 10 to 15 cents and I never seem to get a booster even though I log into steam every day. v_v

if you're selling your cards that would explain it, you probably have a level 5 account, you're getting zero boosters with a level 5 account your chance is like .001% or something like that. As you level up your account the chance of getting boosters go up. Even if your account is pretty decently leveled you'll still barely get any boosters, I have level 23 and have gotten maybe 10 booster packs in all.

Also jeez you must have had loads of cards to get that much cash, you would have been better off using those cards as trade bait and getting TF2 keys, then using those TF 2 keys trade for games. The sheer amount you'd have to sell in order to make any useful money is ridiculous. Especially considering most cards only give you .05 back. Sure you have the occasional game that gives you .20 but they are few and far between.

Lame. I don't like the card system, tbh. Only get half of the cards as drops from the game (lol duplicates) and then just rely on these apparently super rare boosters or buy cards to level up to increase your chance to...get these super rare boosters.

Meh.

steam is making bank on those cards I'd wager, they get 1 penny minimum on every card sold. So even if you sell the card for some super low price Steam is still taking one penny. Just think of all the cards that sell every day and imagine how much Steam is making bank on those items.

That isn't even including the TF 2 keys and other items that sell daily on the marketplace... They get the whole 2.30 cent when someone buys the TF 2 key from the TF game, then they get an additional 20 - 50 cent (depending on how much the keys sell for) whenever someone buys a TF key (which happens a lot, if you watch the marketplace the keys that go up for sale tend to get sold in seconds.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#24Killah PriestPosted 3/25/2014 6:21:05 AM
steam is making bank on those cards I'd wager, they get 1 penny minimum on every card sold.

some of the money also goes to the developers.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#25pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:40:37 AM(edited)
Things have slowed down but I'm at $8 with still 30 cards listed. I looked through my profile page and noticed it tells me how many card drops I have left for various games. Considering my huge backlog of games I've never touched, It wouldn't take long to fill up my inventory again....

I'm starting to see why so many people request indie developers add Steam trading cards to their games. If I limit myself to only buying games on sale and have Steam cards, I could for a long time before spending real money again
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#26VIP86Posted 3/26/2014 11:04:14 AM
I've made roughly 20 bucks off the cards. Bought a couple games, and then proceeded to buy more cards.... lame I know.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#27galfasanta1111Posted 3/26/2014 11:16:21 AM
I make 1.5k every week.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | EVGA GTX 780 3GB SC'D | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 875W
#28SlaynPosted 3/26/2014 1:08:14 PM
$5 isn't worth my time.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.