This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need suggestion on a headset

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need suggestion on a headset
1 year ago#1
would like a headset for both gaming and movie. It should also have mic. my budget is around 100-150 dollars
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
1 year ago#2
If you can still get the PLYR 1 for around $130, I would go with that. Separate headphones and mic are still better IMO.
1 year ago#3
I read the title as "need suggestion on a headshot", I was a bit concerned till I re-read it...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
1 year ago#4
r0ge00 posted...
If you can still get the PLYR 1 for around $130, I would go with that. Separate headphones and mic are still better IMO.

That's one of those Skullcandy branded ones right? I would say avoid it on principal.

Get a set of good headphones and a quality microphone. Unless you are dead set on getting an all in one "prebuilt" affair. Lord knows I have been down that road a few times.

The razer carcharias function well enough. The audio is analog even though the headset is USB powered.

Steelseries Siberia V2 are fine. Completely USB. Though I can not get mine to function with their software. So YMMV.

I have some old Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset that connects via a dongle. Provides good enough sound should you desire wireless.

But seriously, quality headphones + a separate mic is the better choice.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
1 year ago#5
lost_within posted...
I read the title as "need suggestion on a headshot", I was a bit concerned till I re-read it...

Perhaps he is an aspiring model or simply submitting a resume in Korea.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
1 year ago#6
You can't shun Skullcandy and then turn around and suggest Steelseries or Razer in the same post. The PLYR 1 are very well reviewed over on head-fi as an all-in-one wireless solution.
1 year ago#7
r0ge00 posted...
You can't shun Skullcandy and then turn around and suggest Steelseries or Razer in the same post. The PLYR 1 are very well reviewed over on head-fi as an all-in-one wireless solution.

Perhaps I'm confusing it with the SLYR. I recall one of them being an absolute mess when I used them. It's very possible I am wrong.

To be fair I have never used an enjoyable Skullcandy product. I have only had misfortune with one razer product. And as such I do not recommend it. I have had a great experience with the carcharias so I suggested them.

I mention the downside to the Steelseries I have as well.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
1 year ago#8
ShuraYukihime posted...
lost_within posted...

that is not the kind of "headshot" I was thinking of but good point...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
1 year ago#9
lost_within posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
lost_within posted...

that is not the kind of "headshot" I was thinking of but good point...

I know. I was offering the alternative to the one you were thinking of.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
1 year ago#10
so to sumj it up stay away on skull candy
buy headphone and buy separate mic to attach to headphone? did I get that right? if so which headphone should I aim for?
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need suggestion on a headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived