This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need suggestion on a headset

#1itachi00Posted 3/24/2014 8:20:44 AM
would like a headset for both gaming and movie. It should also have mic. my budget is around 100-150 dollars
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
#2r0ge00Posted 3/24/2014 10:11:38 AM
If you can still get the PLYR 1 for around $130, I would go with that. Separate headphones and mic are still better IMO.
#3lost_withinPosted 3/24/2014 10:13:07 AM
I read the title as "need suggestion on a headshot", I was a bit concerned till I re-read it...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#4ShuraYukihimePosted 3/24/2014 10:26:18 AM
r0ge00 posted...
If you can still get the PLYR 1 for around $130, I would go with that. Separate headphones and mic are still better IMO.

That's one of those Skullcandy branded ones right? I would say avoid it on principal.

Get a set of good headphones and a quality microphone. Unless you are dead set on getting an all in one "prebuilt" affair. Lord knows I have been down that road a few times.

The razer carcharias function well enough. The audio is analog even though the headset is USB powered.

Steelseries Siberia V2 are fine. Completely USB. Though I can not get mine to function with their software. So YMMV.

I have some old Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset that connects via a dongle. Provides good enough sound should you desire wireless.

But seriously, quality headphones + a separate mic is the better choice.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#5ShuraYukihimePosted 3/24/2014 10:26:47 AM
lost_within posted...
I read the title as "need suggestion on a headshot", I was a bit concerned till I re-read it...

Perhaps he is an aspiring model or simply submitting a resume in Korea.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#6r0ge00Posted 3/24/2014 10:33:25 AM
You can't shun Skullcandy and then turn around and suggest Steelseries or Razer in the same post. The PLYR 1 are very well reviewed over on head-fi as an all-in-one wireless solution.
#7ShuraYukihimePosted 3/24/2014 10:37:55 AM
r0ge00 posted...
You can't shun Skullcandy and then turn around and suggest Steelseries or Razer in the same post. The PLYR 1 are very well reviewed over on head-fi as an all-in-one wireless solution.

Perhaps I'm confusing it with the SLYR. I recall one of them being an absolute mess when I used them. It's very possible I am wrong.

To be fair I have never used an enjoyable Skullcandy product. I have only had misfortune with one razer product. And as such I do not recommend it. I have had a great experience with the carcharias so I suggested them.

I mention the downside to the Steelseries I have as well.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#8lost_withinPosted 3/24/2014 10:43:43 AM
ShuraYukihime posted...
lost_within posted...

that is not the kind of "headshot" I was thinking of but good point...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#9ShuraYukihimePosted 3/24/2014 1:27:54 PM
lost_within posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
lost_within posted...

that is not the kind of "headshot" I was thinking of but good point...

I know. I was offering the alternative to the one you were thinking of.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#10itachi00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 3:23:42 PM
so to sumj it up stay away on skull candy
buy headphone and buy separate mic to attach to headphone? did I get that right? if so which headphone should I aim for?
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai