This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here own a Corsair K70 with MX Blues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here own a Corsair K70 with MX Blues?
1 year ago#1
If you own one have you had any problems with the LEDs? I heard there are major problems with the LEDs dying.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
1 year ago#2
Mine is a few months old and nearly half of the keys have burnt out.
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
1 year ago#3
Yeah, I have the Silver w/ Blue backlighting, MX Reds, and tons of my keys are burnt out. :/
---
Fear is a leash.
1 year ago#4
Okay i was thinking of picking one up but I guess I won't now. It's a shame cause it looks so nice.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
1 year ago#5
I have a K70 Red. Got it in October, no issues with the LEDs.
1 year ago#6
YOeastonYO posted...
I have a K70 Red. Got it in October, no issues with the LEDs.

Red backlight? I heard the issue is pretty much exclusive to the ones with blue backlights.
---
1 year ago#7
All K70s have this issue? I was waiting on the Brown switch variant to get back in stock on Amazon or Newegg, but I may opt for a CM mechanical now if the issues are as bad on this one as well...
---
4670K / EVGA GTX 780 / 8GB DDR3-1866 / Asus Gryphon Z87 / Hyper 212 EVO / 600W / 500R / Win.8
1 year ago#8
I have the k70 with blue led's and brown switches, two month's and no problems.
---
GT:Psycho Bucka
psn :Psycho Ninja462
1 year ago#9
I am always a little startled by the constant recommendation of the K70 and Corsair keyboards in general.

Not that they are bad products. They are not. However, Corsair is only one of a few brands making mechanical keyboards that have had fairly serious issues in each generation of keyboards they made. These issues involved both hardware (like the leds), drivers/ firmware (repeating key problem took them months to address, firmware updates on the original K95 proved often problematic), and design (including non-mechanical keys on a mechanical keyboard in their first generation of keyboards).

They had their pros of course. With the macros, programmability and general looks that some find appealing. But I find it a little unjustified to recommend them over many other brands that have been making keyboards pretty much without any serious recurring issue or design flaw for over a decade. For example, anything Costar made should probably be rated higher in both reliability and quality control.

Additionally, when it comes to the actual important features of the keyboard, the Corsair keyboards do little extra. They use Cherry stabilizers (granted, some people like them), they use ABS keycaps etc.

The recommendation for Corsair, while at the same time scoffing at Razer is a little silly, since the recommendation for Corsair seems to be mostly based on "gamer aesthetics" and successful marketing specifically to gamers (which are exactly the things razer is criticized for).

Ask for keyboard recommendation on a non-gaming forum and very rarely you will see Corsair being mentioned. Just like you will not see Beats and Bose being suggested over AKG, Audio technica and Sennheiser in an audio forum. Not because the former do not do the job or are bad products, but because when you care about both value and quality, they do not offer the best products available.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
1 year ago#10
Had mine since Xmas (Mx blues) and no issues. Bought on recommendations of two friends (brown and blue) who have had theirs close to a year with zero issues.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone here own a Corsair K70 with MX Blues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived