This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft praises Valve, vows 'renewed focus' on PC games

#11MasterDonGeroPosted 3/24/2014 7:47:42 PM
F*** Microsoft in terms of PC gaming. They've never delivered. I sincerely don't even listen to anything they have to say about anything regarding PC gaming besides DirectX.
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#12PsythikPosted 3/24/2014 8:06:36 PM
DirectX is all that matters anyway. Who cares if Microsoft provides official support? The PC is already the best gaming platform in existence, and we already have Steam. What more do you guys want?
---
4670K | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | BitFenix Phenom M (white) | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#13LoshadtPosted 3/24/2014 8:13:59 PM(edited)
Psythik posted...
What more do you guys want?

Well for one, to get a statement from Microsoft without their fingers crossed behind their back. What else? Ooh, more support from niche Japanese developers, more devs that stop letting ancient hardware hold back game design, fewer clients, and for us to be treated like human beings. This is all off the top of my head.

Oh, and if I were you I would worry about Microsoft emerging into the PC gaming market anyway since their first priority is trying to f*** their customers.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#14The_WeeabooPosted 3/24/2014 8:15:57 PM
Absolutely wrecked by NeoGAF.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibrjxbrXNrDDil.gif
#15SlaynPosted 3/24/2014 8:20:23 PM
Only thing I want is more Japanese support, because I don't want a PS4, but I wan't Metal Gear Solid. Maybe the new one ( not the crappy demo ) will be on PS3. I would still rather not play on 10 year old hardware.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#16AllmatteredPosted 3/24/2014 8:21:22 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
F*** Microsoft in terms of PC gaming. They've never delivered. I sincerely don't even listen to anything they have to say about anything regarding PC gaming besides DirectX.

This. If they support PC gaming, why do they still refuse to port 90% of the games over to the platform. Just look at Alan Wake for instance. The devs of the game had to beg just to get Microsoft's permission to port their game to PC. And whatever happened to that Halo 3 PC port rumour? Turns out to be untrue, hasn't it?
#17Kokuei05Posted 3/24/2014 9:23:41 PM
Allmattered posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

This. If they support PC gaming, why do they still refuse to port 90% of the games over to the platform. Just look at Alan Wake for instance. The devs of the game had to beg just to get Microsoft's permission to port their game to PC. And whatever happened to that Halo 3 PC port rumour? Turns out to be untrue, hasn't it?

It wasn't just a rumour; it was literally on the steam database. http://steamdb.info/app/216800/#section_history

.. annnddd it's gone.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#18EnmaDaio2588Posted 3/24/2014 9:49:30 PM
jessica73 posted...
Thanks ms, gimmie fable 2 on pc finally as way of apology

While it's arguably the best of the trilogy, you're really not missing out on too much.

I wonder if this re-focusing on the PC platform is the first move towards Microsoft abandoning the XBone...
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#19AllmatteredPosted 3/24/2014 9:51:21 PM
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
jessica73 posted...

While it's arguably the best of the trilogy, you're really not missing out on too much.

I wonder if this re-focusing on the PC platform is the first move towards Microsoft abandoning the XBone...

lolwut? Why would they want to abandon their newest console?
#20KillerTrufflePosted 3/24/2014 9:52:24 PM
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
jessica73 posted...

Not by a longshot. As Cool_Dude pointed out above, Microsoft vows to "refocus on PC gaming" every year or two, and it's absolutely nothing more than empty words.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23