This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why has nobody tried to develop a 3D Metroidvania game on the PC yet?

#1ajko000Posted 3/24/2014 10:54:35 PM
By which I mean, a fully fledged Sci-Fi FPS centered around open world exploration and discovery.

You could point to games like Hard Reset, maybe Mass Effect, possibly Fallout, but none of them hit that same spot.

Why? Is it too difficult?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I love the scanning feature, it let you immerse yourself into the game even more than the environments did. The map system is by far the best of any game, and the sort of biochemical obsession the game likes to drown you in makes for an incredibly hypnotizing ride.

Actually, Half Life almost had it right, but the Combine are too human and the games center more around a human atmosphere, rather than an alien one. If someone could do Half Life but with an alien world and rarely any AI interaction, we'd be set. Of course to top it all off we'd need Co-Op.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
3DS FC: 0662 4574 8607 | | FS: Ground - Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
#2Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/25/2014 1:08:46 AM
Metroidvania games are very under appreciated. We certainly need more of those then jrpgs on PC
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#3LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/25/2014 1:29:09 AM
TekWar
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#4TimePharaohPosted 3/25/2014 1:40:58 AM
Please explain how a Sci-fi game would possibly resemble Castlevania? Space vampires? Why would you want space vampires instead of a sci-fi metroid like game? Seems pretty weird how no one ever wants games like Metroid, but always want games that look like Castlevania that play like Metroid...seems pretty generic
#5torres007Posted 3/25/2014 2:54:57 AM
The Batman games are the closest thing you can get.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#6St34lth24Posted 3/25/2014 8:49:29 AM
I don't think you know what Metroidvania means.
---
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
http://tinyurl.com/mhqwuwt - DARK SOULS II PC COUNTDOWN!!!!
#7Jprime666Posted 3/25/2014 8:54:04 AM
There needs to be more Metroid Prime clones
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#8dekouPosted 3/25/2014 9:07:11 AM
ajko000 posted...
By which I mean, a fully fledged Sci-Fi FPS centered around open world exploration and discovery.

If we assume the term means this (which it really doesn't, but w/e), there's Deus Ex.
#9GTL581Posted 3/25/2014 9:19:08 AM
Considering there isn't a huge demand for them on consoles, i don't think we'll see one anytime soon. The fact that there weren't more games like that is surprising given the success of metroid prime. I would have loved to see more games following the same formula, the first is still easily my favorite game of all time. I think the best you can do for now is use dolphin or a ps2 emulator and run an old prime or curse of darkness disc.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#10crawdadPosted 3/25/2014 9:42:09 AM
Hanlo_is_back posted...
Metroidvania games are very under appreciated. We certainly need more of those then jrpgs on PC

So more Metroidvanias, and then more JRPGs?

I don't think that meant what you wanted it to mean.
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad