This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you upgrade?

#11godplaysSNESPosted 3/25/2014 7:29:14 AM
When it's needed, and unless something breaks, that usually means waiting at least four years until I upgrade
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#12SonyHoundDawgPosted 3/25/2014 7:31:11 AM
josh_b posted...
just curious how often people here upgrade their system?

Me personally i upgrade one major component at least once a year. This year i upgraded from 2 GTX 670's to the 2 GTX 780ti's. Also bought a bigger SSD which i haven't installed yet. Also have a i7 sitting on my desk that has yet to be installed... have to update motherboard to use it and this certain motherboard has been known to brick upon doing a bios update from what i hear.

I usually buy the newest iphones released every year and resell them on ebay to fund my rather expensive pc habits. I sold 2 gold Iphone 5s this year for close to 2000 bucks... Yeah it's on contract so i have my serviced renewed and everything but my brother in law owns a cellphone shop and i get what ever phone i want extremely cheap anyways so im not stuck with something ancient lol.

So what are your purchasing and upgrading habits?

Sounds like you have a spending problem buying all that stuff, especially buying ssd and cpu's and not even using them.
#13foodeater4Posted 3/25/2014 7:32:25 AM
I don't really have a set time frame for upgrades. Its probably more of a upgraded when needed.
#14Killah PriestPosted 3/25/2014 7:39:17 AM
Whenever I see something that catches my eye or my PC is under-performing due to a specific part holding it back.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15r0ge00Posted 3/25/2014 7:43:17 AM
animanganime posted...
When my pc struggles to play something I really want to play, which has not happened for a while

Pretty much this.
#16macmahon187Posted 3/25/2014 3:52:53 PM
Hey I buy new iPhones all the time. I'm so cool.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#17chandl34Posted 3/25/2014 3:57:56 PM
6 years and running, still don't need to upgrade. On average, I'd say ~5 years.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#18a_Wizards_BakerPosted 3/25/2014 3:59:45 PM
Major components, probably every 10 ish.

Graphics card, I wait until everything becomes sluggish and unplayable, so maybe every 5 - 6?
#19KOTRwhoopsPosted 3/25/2014 4:27:07 PM
I built my first gaming PC 18 months ago and I'll probably wait at least another 12 months (probably longer) before going for a large scale build again.

My system is more than fine still, but I'm greedy and want to go to 1440p on my next build.

Current:
670s in dual SLI
8GB DDR5 RAM
3570k @ 4.7ghz

Will go for a similar build with the newer components when I take the plunge.
---
PLAYING - ACIV: Black Flag (PS4), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
MOST WANTED - Destiny, Evil Within, FFXV, Batman AK
#20josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 4:52:01 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
josh_b posted...
just curious how often people here upgrade their system?

Me personally i upgrade one major component at least once a year. This year i upgraded from 2 GTX 670's to the 2 GTX 780ti's. Also bought a bigger SSD which i haven't installed yet. Also have a i7 sitting on my desk that has yet to be installed... have to update motherboard to use it and this certain motherboard has been known to brick upon doing a bios update from what i hear.

I usually buy the newest iphones released every year and resell them on ebay to fund my rather expensive pc habits. I sold 2 gold Iphone 5s this year for close to 2000 bucks... Yeah it's on contract so i have my serviced renewed and everything but my brother in law owns a cellphone shop and i get what ever phone i want extremely cheap anyways so im not stuck with something ancient lol.

So what are your purchasing and upgrading habits?

Sounds like you have a spending problem buying all that stuff, especially buying ssd and cpu's and not even using them.

I have every intention of using them. my first SSD is not full yet so no real rush to slap the other one in and replacing the cpu isn't as simple as putting it in the case. The bios update required to use a more up to date cpu on my motherboard is a pain in the ass and usually requires being sent back to MSI to have them fix it since most of the time the bios update bricks the motherboard. Ivy bridge cpu's are not compatible on my motherboard out of the box.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585