This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or is Windows 8.1 not a great tablet OS?

#1GabrezuPosted 3/25/2014 7:10:00 AM
This is not a Windows 8 bashing topic. I use Windows 8.1 on all my computers. I use it exactly like I use Windows 7 on my desktop except that it has faster restart time which I appreciate very much. I use it almost like Windows 7 on my touchscreen devices and I even enjoy the occasional metro apps.

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that I can't really use my Surface Pro or my mom's Asus Transformer T100 like an android tablet. For one thing, putting the device to sleep pretty much shuts down everything, including alarm apps. Shouldn't there be an option to have the power button to just turn the screen off and wake up with the power or Windows key instead of touching the screen?

I mean I don't get people who say that Windows 8 is good only for tablets. I feel like it's just as good as Windows 7 when you install a start menu when on traditional desktop and laptops, but not really as good as Android when it comes to the tablet experience.
#2Fargoth272Posted 3/25/2014 7:43:32 AM
Most of Windows 8 is a let down. It's not all bad, or big and slow like Vista, but yeah. I'm not a hater, I have 8 on everything.
---
8s7dfz32xc0v62x0
#3PokenubPosted 3/25/2014 7:44:26 AM
Is it just me or is Windows 8.1 not a great OS?*

Fix'd
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#4Killah PriestPosted 3/25/2014 7:59:25 AM
Honestly I've been fine with every version of windows aside from ME edition.

That being said, not a fan of windows 8 on tablets, doesn't seem to work as well as the alternatives.

seems to work ok on mobile phones tho.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.