This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite, and still popular Arena Shooters recommendations?

#21zxelmanPosted 3/26/2014 5:24:34 PM
I enjoy Shootmania, though it has its quirks. Not sure if that classifies, but it's worth looking at.
#220cu_87Posted 3/27/2014 1:27:52 AM
Loadout is pretty fun. It just got a big update.
---
Take action now! - https://thedaywefightback.org/international/
#23quakkePosted 3/27/2014 6:14:51 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Honestly, you might wanna look into Titanfall.

Yeah yeah, "IT'S JUST COD WITH MECHS!!!" No. No it's not. It's got a lot more in common with older arena shooters than modern military ones. And it's a ******* fun game.

You know i was excited for Titanfall (me an Arena Shooter lover), but Titanfall has this slowpaced Aimdownsights thing going on. You also die instantly in Titanfall due to the healthregen system. Best thing about Titanfall is the parkour and Titans, since Titans can't be instakilled due to them having an actual Healthbar, and parkour because it courages to break the CoD gameplay mold. Parkour just doesn't really work because since you have healthregen, a camper can oneshot you when you are utilizing the world with your parkour.

My advice. Add healthbars to pilots, and remove Aimdownsights and it will become alot better than what it is currently.
#24ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 6:21:28 PM
QL and CS is the second best, although some may not see it as a twitch shooter.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#25ThatOneGuysHairPosted 3/27/2014 6:24:45 PM
quakke posted...

You know i was excited for Titanfall (me an Arena Shooter lover), but Titanfall has this slowpaced Aimdownsights thing going on. You also die instantly in Titanfall due to the healthregen system. Best thing about Titanfall is the parkour and Titans, since Titans can't be instakilled due to them having an actual Healthbar, and parkour because it courages to break the CoD gameplay mold. Parkour just doesn't really work because since you have healthregen, a camper can oneshot you when you are utilizing the world with your parkour.

My advice. Add healthbars to pilots, and remove Aimdownsights and it will become alot better than what it is currently.

I actually returned titanfall the other day because of the clunky iron-sights-based gunplay. I actually got more value out of getting my 62 dollars refunded than the entire experience of actually plying the game.

btw, titans can be insta-killed if you drop your titan on them, IIRC
#26macmahon187Posted 3/27/2014 6:25:31 PM
DerPancake posted...
Aren't arena shooters twitch shooters?

This ^^
I always thought Q3 was a twitch shooter. Man I used to be able to rip people apart when I was younger. If you go to quakelive the game is alive and well. It also plays very well to be browser based.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#27macmahon187Posted 3/27/2014 6:31:52 PM
Also I have to say halo: ce is so much fun when you play rockets or shotguns w/ no shields. I mean 16 players in a small map was so crazy. If you manage 1 kill per death you we will probably be in the top 3. And there is still a couple really good revolving servers with plenty of players still playing.

God I miss revolving servers instead of these wait 2 minutes between round modern matchmaking games.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#28quakkePosted 3/28/2014 6:41:36 AM
ThatOneGuysHair posted...
btw, titans can be insta-killed if you drop your titan on them, IIRC

Totally forgot about this. Apparently that is also possible. Though, what i meant by insta-killing, was that you have your gun as a pilot and you can oneshot pilots always. You cannot one shot with your gun, Titans. Calling in a Titan can be done only ever so often, whereas you literally have infinite ammo with pilots and can oneshot always.
#29spardasiegPosted 3/28/2014 6:48:51 AM
Loadout is actually not so bad, not what I would call an 100% twitch shooter but it has elements of it and is free, so might as well try it.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
#30NicodimusPosted 3/28/2014 7:17:02 AM
UT2004 fo sho.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU