This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Facebook has acquired Oculus VR.

#131AdalwulfyPosted 3/25/2014 4:23:45 PM
As someone who has Facebook for college stuff only, Facebook is a means to build a facade around yourself and pretend that your life is better than it actually is.
That's all I've really been seeing it used for, aside from every 3rd girl also playing idiotic meaningless games on it.

In other words, it's ****.
---
SMT, and Atlus on a whole for that matter, might as well be dead to me. More importantly, **** Nintendo and **** region locking.
#132KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 4:24:35 PM
DingChavez posted...
At least Google+™® didn't buy it.

Oculus doesn't help much in Google's goals of creating Skynet and total world domination tho. They don't care if you can see the robots coming to enslave you in 2D or 3D.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#133KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 4:25:38 PM
Adalwulfy posted...
As someone who has Facebook for college stuff only, Facebook is a means to build a facade around yourself and pretend that your life is better than it actually is.
That's all I've really been seeing it used for, aside from every 3rd girl also playing idiotic meaningless games on it.

In other words, it's ****.

It's more than that, although that's a major part of it. It IS useful for keeping in touch with people you know IRL, although it really does its best to make that difficult too...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#134OreoBoy206Posted 3/25/2014 4:26:02 PM
I predict virtual night clubs will be coming to Facebook in the future, along with a virtual Chris Hansen in certain virtual clubs..
#135aaron1111Posted 3/25/2014 4:27:54 PM
I see ups and downs to this

But yes, it is wrong to give your resources from kickstater to a major company. Tbqh I would think Google and Occulus would be a good fit BUT Facebook?!

Can't wait to see how this plays out. I wanted the Rift so bad. Our all Platform support is probably gone too now.
#136ZerabpPosted 3/25/2014 4:30:27 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Well that product is dead.

So what's next?

---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#137ZeroX91Posted 3/25/2014 4:30:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4eZ7Z5yk8
---
*insert something clever here*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZH1V8ljoOs
#138supernintendo28Posted 3/25/2014 4:33:15 PM
I can't believe they already sold out before the thing was released. Guess I know what I'm not buying.
---
Do you know who ate all the donuts?
#139aaron1111Posted 3/25/2014 4:35:05 PM
supernintendo28 posted...
I can't believe they already sold out before the thing was released. Guess I know what I'm not buying.

Money talks. While I didn't like Lucasarts recent work, Disney didin't need to shut them down a day later :/
#140Lemur_HPosted 3/25/2014 4:38:35 PM
arleas posted...
http://notch.net/2014/03/virtual-reality-is-going-to-change-the-world/

Notch
I definitely want to be a part of VR, but I will not work with Facebook. Their motives are too unclear and shifting, and they haven’t historically been a stable platform. There’s nothing about their history that makes me trust them, and that makes them seem creepy to me.

And I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition.

There's still hope that whatever Facebook tries to do to the Rift, it can be undone...or that it won't be THAT damaging... Money is nice, but this is the equivalent of selling your soul to the Devil. Hell, I'd rather have seen Microsoft buy them out...at least they're still related to gaming.

Microsoft's Oculus Rift requires GFWL 2 activation to use.