This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Facebook has acquired Oculus VR.

#31WyzeGyePosted 3/25/2014 3:07:32 PM
On the bright side, farmville will get better.

http://i.imgur.com/NHXLBCC.jpg
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png
#32KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 3:08:20 PM
Farmville 3D - killer app with the Oculus Rift.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#33Marioface5Posted 3/25/2014 3:08:30 PM
Well, there goes any interest I had in the Oculus Rift. I can only imagine how mad some of the people who bought the dev kits are right now, not to mention people who Kickstarted it in the first place.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#34LvthnPosted 3/25/2014 3:09:00 PM
Goddamnit I was looking forward to Oculus Rift.
#35KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 3:10:06 PM
Marioface5 posted...
Well, there goes any interest I had in the Oculus Rift. I can only imagine how mad some of the people who bought the dev kits are right now, not to mention people who Kickstarted it in the first place.

And there is one key point where Kickstarter is distinctly different from true investment - investors/shareholders actually have a bit of say in major decisions like this. Anyone who kickstarted this is just being drug along for the ride.
---
#36TigercmlPosted 3/25/2014 3:10:28 PM
PC Master Race Rejoice! We finally get to play our amazing PC exclusives like Farmville in VR. Farmville, 10k, 500FPS, Vitual Reality. Oh yea, PC Master Race!
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!
#37KidInTheHallPosted 3/25/2014 3:10:33 PM
There goes my interest.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#38Orestes417Posted 3/25/2014 3:11:07 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Marioface5 posted...

And there is one key point where Kickstarter is distinctly different from true investment - investors/shareholders actually have a bit of say in major decisions like this. Anyone who kickstarted this is just being drug along for the ride.

Well, that's not necessarily true in all cases, but in this case it was.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#39KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 3:13:50 PM
Orestes417 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Marioface5 posted...

Well, that's not necessarily true in all cases, but in this case it was.

Well, there are cases where Kickstarter devs listen to the input of their supporters - that happens a lot. But they're not *bound* to in the same way public companies are with shareholders. They can always choose to listen or not.
---
#40halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/25/2014 3:19:02 PM
Well, I want to say Facebook is gonna f*** it up, but really I dont have a whole lot of reason to think they're going to immediately screw it up, besides the fact that Facebook is going to be less willing to "bet the farm"(if you will pardon the expression) on any potential changes or ideas when compared to a small startup whose sole purpose was to get VR out there. Conversely, Facebook has waaaaaay more money to throw at VR as a whole than Oculus could have ever had, so maybe its not all bad. As long as there isnt mandatory facebook integration or some s***.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest