This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Facebook has acquired Oculus VR.

#331r0ge00Posted 3/27/2014 7:02:28 AM
Tireseas posted...
Trying to remember the last time I saw Apple pestering me on every single login to join a social networking site... oh wait, they haven't as of yet. Neither has MS for that matter

Funny, neither have I on youtube. In the event that I was, I would take the 30 seconds of time required to make a dummy account and never be bothered again.
#332TireseasPosted 3/27/2014 7:03:23 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Tireseas posted...
Trying to remember the last time I saw Apple pestering me on every single login to join a social networking site... oh wait, they haven't as of yet. Neither has MS for that matter

Funny, neither have I on youtube. In the event that I was, I would take the 30 seconds of time required to make a dummy account and never be bothered again.

That's not a solution to anything, it's facilitation.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#333Tucker_BAPosted 3/27/2014 9:33:06 AM
sirtonne posted...
I think all the negativity and outrage from PC gamers is very hypocritical.

The same people complaining about having Facebook adds/interface/DRM attached to their VR also love Steam for doing the exact same thing to PC games.

This is nothing new, it's the reality of what PC gaming is now, everything on this "open system" is tied to smaller closed systems. This is what you wanted, the digital future is here.

At least I don't have to pay to use my own internet for gaming ahuehuehuehuehueheuhueheu.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#334CELTEKKPosted 3/27/2014 10:25:29 AM
r0ge00 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
I do really like the Android interface and stuff, but even there, I'm seriously debating my next upgrade once my contract is up.

What are you going to do? Even if you get an Apple or Microsoft product, the difference is negligible in reference to your concerns.

no ****, right? it's like kids these days think there's some amazingly generous, thoughtful, and gracious benefactor of the internets out there that people just ignore because they'd rather use the garbage services instead.

what kind of phone are you gonna get? because I guarantee they're all after the same thing, whether it be google, microsoft, nokia, samsung, HTC... YOUR MONEY.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#335aaron1111Posted 3/27/2014 10:48:11 AM
Well Wall Street is apparently not liking the purchase. Facebooks stocks are still plunging today.
#336dennis941012Posted 3/27/2014 11:38:03 AM
aaron1111 posted...
Well Wall Street is apparently not liking the purchase. Facebooks stocks are still plunging today.

good
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#337ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/27/2014 5:10:14 PM
I love it how do no wrong Google gobbles up tons of companies and no one bats an eye.

But suddenly big bad facebook buys Rift and everyone's up in arms.
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
- Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
#338dennis941012Posted 3/27/2014 9:39:33 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
I love it how do no wrong Google gobbles up tons of companies and no one bats an eye.

gaming board
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#339KillerTrufflePosted 3/27/2014 9:44:34 PM
dennis941012 posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

gaming board

Also, plenty of people bat their eyes about Google. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#340aaron1111Posted 3/27/2014 9:51:31 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
dennis941012 posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

gaming board

Also, plenty of people bat their eyes about Google. :P

Yeah but a lot of that has to do with tech development. People are afraid of Artificial Intelligence. And find that tech is moving way too fast now.

Imho buying a VR company won't change the fact that processors will rival the Human Brain in 5 years.

Personally I don't think Google is Cyberdyne creating Skynet.