This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC news. producer confirms P2P is a good thing for better quality

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC news. producer confirms P2P is a good thing for better quality

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
3 years ago#1
Very informative. From the producer of the greatest PC game ever created (and best mmorpg comeback in the industry history).

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/25/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-producer-dangers-going-free-play/

User Info: Celll212

Celll212
3 years ago#2
Too bad endgame in 14 is way lacking and not worth 13$ a month to play right now.
|CM HAF 932|I7-4770k @3.5GHZ|8GB Patriot Viper 3@1600MHZ|MSI Twin Frozr 7950|Antec Quattro 850|Samsung Evo 840 120GB|

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
3 years ago#3
This was already known. There is not one free to play MMO that's better then a sub based MMO.

Even GW2 is not as good as a sub based MMO. ITs not even as good as GW1 which was free, but had pay expansions which gave some cash flow to make good content unlike living world.

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
3 years ago#4
Did you seriously just say the FF14 is the greatest PC game ever? I hope it's in jest.

Because I'll be honest...no way a MMO AND a Japanese-made game could ever be the best PC game.
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.

User Info: DieForMotherLand

DieForMotherLand
3 years ago#5
SonyHoundDawg posted...
This was already known. There is not one free to play MMO that's better then a sub based MMO.

Bleh, I personally find both Neverwinter and Rift more enjoyable than WoW and FFXIV
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
3 years ago#6
I don't do monthly fees for video games.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#7
Yeah.. uh... no. Thats a giant pile of crap.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
3 years ago#8
It makes perfect sense that a subscription-based model should be able to deliver better content and a better experience than a F2P model. I can't see any flaw in that logic.
Remember to hug you're waifu.

User Info: BuyersRemorse55

BuyersRemorse55
3 years ago#9
DieForMotherLand posted...
SonyHoundDawg posted...

Bleh, I personally find both Neverwinter and Rift more enjoyable than WoW and FFXIV

Well to be fair, Rift was a pay to play game at first so its of better quality then most free to play games. Neverwinter almost feels like a actionrpg/online, its not quite MMO, buts it quite Diablo either.

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#10
Monthly subscriptions make sense. $15 a month is a bit high, but whatever.

But it doesn't work well anymore. Because greedy developers want a subscription, plus buy the game, plus buy expansions, and then put in a microtransaction shop.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC news. producer confirms P2P is a good thing for better quality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived