This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC news. producer confirms P2P is a good thing for better quality

#11TES_NutPosted 3/25/2014 8:24:37 PM
It is Known
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#12zxelmanPosted 3/25/2014 8:33:32 PM(edited)
They say it gives the players more content, when the MMO itself is still on the same level as others, content-wise.

The game has great visuals, open world, class system, and amongst other unmentioned things. But the combat is stale, quests are meh though slightly better than most F2Ps IMO, and the end-game, as mentioned many times, is lacking. Why would I pay monthly? I would pay, but not again and again for a game slowly evolving to becoming a slightly less mediocre MMO with stale combat.

I'm not as big of a fan for MMORPGs anymore mainly because the formula remains the same across many, if not all, MMORPGs. There are some like TERA for example that try to be entertaining with its combat, but I still feel it falls short in what it has to entertain me, especially quest-wise. But at least it was a good attempt at something different.

We need more ambitious developers, not greedy developers.
#13xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 7:30:47 AM
2.2 update in depth ^_^

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/69e2c959d2e9285fd541e7f5f70fb8139b3464da
#14ChetyrePosted 3/26/2014 7:37:40 AM
I thought this was going to be about Peer to Peer networking and was thoroughly confused for a moment
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#15PhilOnDezPosted 3/26/2014 8:02:35 AM
Chetyre posted...
I thought this was going to be about Peer to Peer networking and was thoroughly confused for a moment

I did too, like how Live handled MP on the 360 or possibly an mmo that crowdsourced server resources via the players' computers, ala generating bitcoin via helping to calculate/track bitcoin transactions.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez