This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think is the bigger problem today: the gaming industry or community?

#1TalesOfGodPosted 3/25/2014 3:15:34 PM
Well, pick one! - Results (107 votes)
The Industry
46.73% (50 votes)
The Community
53.27% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I feel both of them are flawed so let's settle this once and for all on which are worse.

Explain why you chose that decision.
#2HELZEROPosted 3/25/2014 3:20:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3KillerTrufflePosted 3/25/2014 3:20:14 PM
I'd have to say the community. Too many people out there willing to lap up anything devs throw at them, so really, the state of the industry right now is a direct result of what the community lets them get away with.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4Orestes417Posted 3/25/2014 3:24:33 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I'd have to say the community. Too many people out there willing to lap up anything devs throw at them, so really, the state of the industry right now is a direct result of what the community lets them get away with.

Not to mention the community has devolved into a bunch of obnoxious crybabies.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#5codyorrPosted 3/25/2014 3:27:04 PM
Ha tied it at 8. Look we wouldn't have a problem if every game was great.
#6DoomkillaPosted 3/25/2014 3:28:19 PM(edited)
Both are freaking terrible. I guess you could say they deserve each other. Until the community gets its head out of its ass to see what's going on. I expect all these terrible business models to be ran into the ground. Hopefully things will get better before it becomes as tragic as the mobile market.
---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#7Orestes417Posted 3/25/2014 3:28:59 PM
Realistically the only thing that'll fix things is letting capitalistic nature take it's course and allowing those not agile enough to survive die out.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#8Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/25/2014 3:33:06 PM
The industry simply gives the community what they want, so I feel the community is more to blame. If it's making them tons of money, the industry would be crazy to not take advantage of it
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#9adampeltzPosted 3/25/2014 4:56:27 PM
I think the industry is actually great. There's an indie market, a middle market and a AAA market which all gives us different things. Old school and new school games are popular in the same marketplace. There is also a lot of variety if you know where to look. And great games come out every month.

The community is horrible though.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#10TalesOfGod(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 4:59:52 PM
Oh my gosh, after learning of how Facebook bought the Oculus Rift, I might need to re-evaluate my opinion...