This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think is the bigger problem today: the gaming industry or community?

#11TheEntitledOnePosted 3/25/2014 5:00:31 PM
#firstworldproblems
#hashtagonforum
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#12Jprime666Posted 3/25/2014 5:00:54 PM
The community. This isn't a chicken or egg situation. The industry is as bad as it is because, like others have said, the community will suck down any garbage put in front of them.

The industry is in need of another crash.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#13OmarMohyPosted 3/25/2014 5:05:38 PM
codyorr posted...
Ha tied it at 8. Look we wouldn't have a problem if every game was great.

You mean Perfect?
---
Going outside to see the world would give you abit of Happiness and content
#14LoshadtPosted 3/25/2014 5:17:13 PM
The industry kind of sucks and the community that enables them REALLY sucks. EA is bad, but not as bad as the people who shill for them, for free, without them even asking.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#15Blobs_Posted 3/25/2014 5:24:45 PM
I think the silliness of the industry stems from the silliness of the community. It's no wonder either, because if we put it into perspective a bit, the gaming community largely consists of whiny 12 year olds, mindless fanboyism, and general immaturity, and all this is reflected by the industry as a whole.
---
is haha
#16BogePosted 3/25/2014 5:45:39 PM
Both, and I think they're feeding off each other, only getting worse and worse each year.

Give me gaming of the 90s any day.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#17KarnRX78Posted 3/25/2014 6:07:57 PM
I think it is a chicken or the egg argument. You can argue that the community is making the industry bad by accepting the junk the industry puts out there. You could argue the industry is making the community bad by putting out the junk.

The industry has become so big, with so much money invested into a project. AAA games for the most part don't live up to their hype, or don't sell as well as they hope. Because they want to make money, they copy what is making money (Truth be told its always been like that. However, back in the early 2000s and 1990s a company could take chances and not get hurt by it if it failed.)

I know EA is the strawman most of us love to kick to death over and over again, but for me they started this trend. They bought out studios like Westwood Studios, took their most popular IPs then gutted the rest of the studio and their IPs. For EA at that time it wasn't about the games, it was all about the money.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#18CELTEKKPosted 3/25/2014 6:09:20 PM
Community. The community ALLOWS the industry to continue with such shenanigans as SimCity, BF4, Call of Duty...

The community buys it, so the garbage will continue.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#19Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/25/2014 6:10:34 PM
The community is dog****. All of it.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif