This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have impressions on the new cabela game?

#1VoelgerPosted 3/26/2014 4:29:21 PM
It's on steam came out on the 3/25

I have never played one but I think I might enjoy the environments
---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#2Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:44:51 PM
Bump
---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#3Freelance_WolfPosted 3/26/2014 6:36:17 PM(edited)
I haven't played it yet, but amazingly people have been saying good things about it. They claim it's not another arcadey game that Cabela keeps making all the time. It's more like an actual hunting game now, with 4 big environments, lots of weapons and such. This positive feedback makes me want to get it, so that in the event that I can't play theHunter after my sub expires, I can play this game until I resub.

If you want arcade-y hunting games, then you shouldn't get this game.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#4killkountPosted 3/26/2014 6:31:13 PM
If anyone wants an arcadey hunting game, they should play Skyrim or something.

Hunting is so much fun, tons of walking but still fun. Got my elk and deer.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#5Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 7:45:36 PM
Is it fun? Is it pretty? Do you level up or unlock weapons?
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.3.2
#6Freelance_WolfPosted 3/26/2014 7:51:48 PM
Well people say it's fun. Look at pics if you want to see if it's pretty. No idea if you level up or unlock weapons. You can unlock maps though.
---
#7Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 7:54:15 PM
Sorry, there are just no reliable reviews
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.3.2
#8MortalDangerPosted 3/26/2014 8:05:19 PM
Well there's reviews on steam and on youtube. Not sure what else you're looking for. It's a hunting game that's been out for a day.
---
God Bless America.
#9Marshall_LawPosted 3/27/2014 6:41:49 AM
The Cabela games from 2010 and before were actually fun...then they started gettin REAL arcade like(requiring lightguns) and they just sucked. Hopefully this returns to it's roots
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#10Freelance_WolfPosted 3/28/2014 1:16:26 PM(edited)
So I tried out the new game and here's my thoughts. The game is certainly more realistic than all their other games, which is good. I am a totally lousy shot though. I haven't to date managed to hit anything in the vitals. The maps are pretty big, and there's several weapons and accessories to buy with your hard earned credits.

However, I still think theHunter is the better game. It's more authentic to me.

Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts does some stuff that I don't like. The map shows you every location that is a 'hot spot' for the animals, which I think takes away the fun and challenge of looking and spotting them. When you're actually walking around, icons appears telling you where every blind and tree stand is. I don't see any reason to do that. There also seem to be animals everywhere. You're likely to see/hear something every few minutes. It has a stupid kill/bullet cam thing that I can thankfully skip with the space bar. I hate bullet cams in hunting games.

theHunter is just more realistic and challenging to me. I guess this game is good if you hate the idea of walking for a half hour and not seeing anything (which can actually happen in theHunter), you will probably like this a lot. It's still a more realistic hunting sim than the other Cabela games, so that's a good thing at least. I just don't like the 'casual' icons and stuff added to the game.

---