This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

KickStarter, supporters of Occulus Rift. Demanding Refund

#1xcmon3yx2Posted 3/26/2014 4:36:05 PM
http://kotaku.com/oculus-kickstarter-backers-are-demanding-refunds-1552041702?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 3/26/2014 4:44:32 PM
2lazy2read

Why do they want refund?
#3neroAngeloPosted 3/26/2014 4:45:42 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...
2lazy2read

Why do they want refund?

Because they're entitled cry babies.
---
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#4xcmon3yx2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 4:45:50 PM
basically, allot of folks are pissed they got sold out to facebook
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#5ChaapPosted 3/26/2014 4:48:44 PM
well that makes no sense

also, $250,000 is 0.0125% of 2 bil
---
"Some people are just dumb"
#6KabtheMentatPosted 3/26/2014 4:49:00 PM
Well, they donated to what they thought was going to be a specific project. But with Facebook buying it up, it's obviously not going to be that project anymore. It'll be some kinda VR, but it won't take the same shape.

While I think if you donate to Kickstart you might as well write that money off...I kinda understand where they're coming from. Especially since Facebook probably won't exist, or if it does it'll be considered junk stock, in like 10 years. When the market corrects for the way over priced nonsense that it currently is, Facebook is going to get hit hard. Oculus Rift will suffer because of that.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#7KillerTrufflePosted 3/26/2014 4:51:32 PM
Basically, people saying they backed Oculus, not Facebook, selling out was insulting, why should we donate if you're just going to sell to a big company, I don't want my VR branded with Facebook, etc.

Seems like the *only* potential argument - and it's a longshot - that might hold any water at all is that they don't want a Facebook-branded product. I can see people upset about getting something very different than they paid for, but then that is a potential risk with Kickstarter already, so chances are slim to none they'll see any refund unless Oculus/Facebook is feeling exceedingly generous.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8urtvPosted 3/26/2014 4:54:15 PM
chargeback
#9KabtheMentatPosted 3/26/2014 4:54:25 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Basically, people saying they backed Oculus, not Facebook, selling out was insulting, why should we donate if you're just going to sell to a big company, I don't want my VR branded with Facebook, etc.

Seems like the *only* potential argument - and it's a longshot - that might hold any water at all is that they don't want a Facebook-branded product. I can see people upset about getting something very different than they paid for, but then that is a potential risk with Kickstarter already, so chances are slim to none they'll see any refund unless Oculus/Facebook is feeling exceedingly generous.

They're not getting **** back. It's considered a donation.

Which gets me to thinking about the other massive Kickstarter thing, Star Citizen. IMO looks like a cool game and very promising, but there's no way it's going to live up to the massive hypes that's around it and a lot of Kickstarter people are going to be pissed off at the final product.

That's if the damn thing ever gets finished.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#10Ch3wyPosted 3/26/2014 4:58:51 PM
They're not entitled to a refund, but I certainly see why they would want one. Nobody would have donated to a kickstarter that was made by Facebook.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001