This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

KickStarter, supporters of Occulus Rift. Demanding Refund

#101Worknofun370Posted 3/27/2014 10:39:50 AM(edited)
blax34dm posted...
I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't say something that incredibly stupid, since obviously every firm handling a suit takes on the investment nature of it- that's kinda like, the entire point? I guess I was wrong though.

Ah nice, resorting to weak ad hominem attacks since you don't have any legs to stand on. Always a nice argument technique for those who can't actually make an argument.

That said, you'd be right if I never said "and it would fail miserably" portion. Since I said that... it pretty much invalidates everything you just said. But nice try!

You might be surprised to look up some info on successful cases that woulda seemed doomed.

Why not point one out to me. I ask that because if you think this case is "pretty open and shut" I don't really trust your opinion of a case that is "doomed"
#102blax34dmPosted 3/27/2014 10:53:11 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
blax34dm posted...
I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't say something that incredibly stupid, since obviously every firm handling a suit takes on the investment nature of it- that's kinda like, the entire point? I guess I was wrong though.

Ah nice, resorting to weak ad hominem attacks since you don't have any legs to stand on. Always a nice argument technique for those who can't actually make an argument.

That said, you'd be right if I never said "and it would fail miserably" portion. Since I said that... it pretty much invalidates everything you just said. But nice try!

You might be surprised to look up some info on successful cases that woulda seemed doomed.

Why not point one out to me. I ask that because if you think this case is "pretty open and shut" I don't really trust your opinion of a case that is "doomed"

No, you need to learn the power of google!

And I am not sure you know what that means, as no irrelevant information was used to deny your claim(that's what that means, you're welcome!)... You decided to argue for some unknown reason, and then I guess didn't understand my cost who statement as being sarcastic, meaning who else would it cost besides those whose entire enterprise is based on taking these cases. Then you said something extra stupid about cases not being financed out of thin air or something. But anyways, I guess I don't have any legs to stand on- in whatever this argument is you seem to be trying to have- since mr.isaythingsicantevendefine said so lol. I guess I will have to concede. Touché, good sir.
#103Worknofun370Posted 3/27/2014 10:56:05 AM
blax34dm posted...
You decided to argue for some unknown reason, and then I guess didn't understand my cost who statement as being sarcastic

I literally just laughed out loud.

Ssuuuurreeee you were being sarcastic now. Uh huh. Sure thing. I totally believe you.
#104blax34dmPosted 3/27/2014 11:02:47 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
blax34dm posted...
You decided to argue for some unknown reason, and then I guess didn't understand my cost who statement as being sarcastic

I literally just laughed out loud.

Ssuuuurreeee you were being sarcastic now. Uh huh. Sure thing. I totally believe you.

So let me just ask, you really thought I was alleging the lawsuit would be free? Now I think you need to read back through and see why all of the arguing you're still doing for no reason is making you look stupid.

I think you might need to retread my tidbit on ad nominee again too lol. I dunno why I do it, respond to teenagers on this site all the time. It never gets anywhere, maybe I'm just bored lol.
#105Worknofun370Posted 3/27/2014 11:40:51 AM(edited)
blax34dm posted...
So let me just ask, you really thought I was alleging the lawsuit would be free? Now I think you need to read back through and see why all of the arguing you're still doing for no reason is making you look stupid.

This is gameFAQs, arguing for no reason is all anyone ever does.

That being said, I will admit that re-reading things I can see your flow of things. Since gamefaqs is full of teenagers my initial thought was you were assuming a class action lawsuit would just be brought about by someone and others would reap the benefits (A line of thinking some teenagers here would undoubtably have.).

I now can honestly say I do see your sacrasm and apologize for my sarcastic remarks. I can admit when I'm wrong.

blax34dm posted...
I think you might need to retread my tidbit on ad nominee again too lol. I dunno why I do it, respond to teenagers on this site all the time. It never gets anywhere, maybe I'm just bored lol.

No, I don't need to retread on your ad hominem attack (ad nominee? I'll just chaulk that up to an honest typo). Calling people stupid or a kid when arguing with them is an ad hominem attack.

From re-reading things the issue is we were just arguing on misunderstandings and assumptions. Or at least I was.

I assumed you were being serious when you said "Cost who lol?" and my response stating that my addition of "and it would fail miserably" was an attempt to retort why a firm would not take on the lawsuit, because it would cost them money and it would fail. Not realizing you were responding explaining why you said "Cost who lol?" rather than making a statement along the lines of "A firm won't care about cost because they always take that risk on class action lawsuits" even though I should have.

EDIT: But the initial point I made, and what I actually thought I was arguing while now looking like a douche, still stands really. The reason why a lawsuit won't come is it will cost a lot of money and will fail miserably.

Also, I don't know any teenagers on this site that have been around since 2002. But hey, if you want to think I'm still a teen that's cool.
#106NinjaPirateDoodPosted 3/27/2014 1:24:52 PM
This can only end in tears.
---
I'm a dood! He's a dood! She's a dood! Coz we're all doods! Hey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5i0g7whzY
#107SilentHawk29Posted 3/27/2014 1:45:36 PM
R i c k posted...
That's basically what I said except you're arguing on the semantics about when the backer is charged which wasn't the point of my post.

It's not a refund if it never gets deducted, lol.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#108PraetorXynPosted 3/27/2014 1:51:25 PM
TaintedEon posted...
So by some of you's logic...if I donate to cancer research and a cure for cancer is made and sold, then I must be given money from the profits?

If I buy a music CD from a indy artist and he uses that money to build a studio and then become a major best-seller I deserve a cut?

If I buy a online print of a novel from an aspiring author and he becomes a New York Times Best Seller I get shares?

Seriously? What world do some of you live in?

Nice strawman. This doesn't even remotely resemble what people are complaining about.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#109blax34dmPosted 3/27/2014 1:59:12 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
blax34dm posted...

This is gameFAQs, arguing for no reason is all anyone ever does.

That being said, I will admit that re-reading things I can see your flow of things. Since gamefaqs is full of teenagers my initial thought was you were assuming a class action lawsuit would just be brought about by someone and others would reap the benefits (A line of thinking some teenagers here would undoubtably have.).

I now can honestly say I do see your sacrasm and apologize for my sarcastic remarks. I can admit when I'm wrong.

blax34dm posted...

No, I don't need to retread on your ad hominem attack (ad nominee? I'll just chaulk that up to an honest typo). Calling people stupid or a kid when arguing with them is an ad hominem attack.

From re-reading things the issue is we were just arguing on misunderstandings and assumptions. Or at least I was.

I assumed you were being serious when you said "Cost who lol?" and my response stating that my addition of "and it would fail miserably" was an attempt to retort why a firm would not take on the lawsuit, because it would cost them money and it would fail. Not realizing you were responding explaining why you said "Cost who lol?" rather than making a statement along the lines of "A firm won't care about cost because they always take that risk on class action lawsuits" even though I should have.

EDIT: But the initial point I made, and what I actually thought I was arguing while now looking like a douche, still stands really. The reason why a lawsuit won't come is it will cost a lot of money and will fail miserably.

Also, I don't know any teenagers on this site that have been around since 2002. But hey, if you want to think I'm still a teen that's cool.

I kinda got the feeling we were arguing about misunderstands lol. You are correct all anyone does is argue for no reason on here. Why do we do it? We should all just be friends!

But yea, I know what a class action is, it's not my area but it's pretty close by. And yes you are indeed correct about the ad hominem-I thought you were referencing a different part of the conversation(iPad just tried to turn it to nominee again too lol).

I think there will be no action because whatever deal they drew up most likely was written in a way to prevent it. I'm sure somehow they have it set up so the KS money doesn't look so misplaced now.

All in all though, a handshake is in order for we ended on gentlemen terms, good sir.
#110supness420Posted 3/27/2014 3:47:37 PM
I will throw a little gas on the fire.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/217641/looks-like-the-simpsons-predicted-facebooks-purchase-of-oculus/

Essentially, and its already been said, Oculus had the legal right to do what they did, but it was a <*censored by the man*> move. People would not have donated if they knew Oculus was open to a Facebook venture, but that is the chances you take with Kickstarter.
---
Common sense has changed as the common person's sense is idiotic; therefore, I am happy to say I am not common, and I have no common sense.