This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theft deterrent for PC

#41FlyinTonitePosted 3/26/2014 10:54:29 PM
Dress it up as a small boy/girl and then while the burglar is busy molesting it, you can call the cops.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.
#42ToastyOnePosted 3/26/2014 11:00:21 PM
Sell your PC. You'll have extra cash and peace of mind at last.
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5392/picture002wmc.jpg
steamcommunity.com/id/Armatoste/
#43LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/26/2014 11:57:24 PM
Tape a Gun on the side.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#44spanishbobPosted 3/27/2014 3:13:36 AM
Lemur_H posted...
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Put it in a partially open safety box, the openings just allow you to put the cables through and push the power buttons. Watercooling is a must here due to lack of fan openings. Put the radiator outside. The safe should be welded (not bolted) to the ground.

But what will cool that radiator then...

The cool air to cool down that behemoth has to come from somewhere.

Unless you know how to create an inter-dimensional portal, then please share!

Passive radiators/coolers. They exist. Most are also massive.
#45PhilOnDezPosted 3/27/2014 3:34:32 AM(edited)
Knighted Dragon posted...
Don't know why people are suggesting bike locks and things that wouldn't take a thief more than a few seconds to cut or pick if they have any kind of burglary tools with them

Most thieves don't think things through, they just kick in a door or smash a window, grab whatever looks valuable that they can carry, and run. Yeah, if they know there's a valuable computer chained down inside and they have access to a pair of bolt/lock cutters they might bring them if they have access to them. Those are huge though, it'd be 10x easier to hide a crowbar which would be useful in every breakin vs the bolt cutters being useful if there's something chained down (there's literally nothing chained down in my house, and I don't know anyone who's done that).
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#46jokujokujokuPosted 3/27/2014 8:11:58 AM
Claymores.

If someone sees a claymore mounted to the front of your case, they're not likely to try to steal it. And if they do, well then that was their mistake.
#47blacklable1617Posted 3/27/2014 8:31:22 AM
_Zero1_ posted...
Renters insurance and a Kimber TLE RL/II .45 ACP

^Fixed
---
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |
#48pitt12177Posted 3/27/2014 8:37:22 AM
No one will ever steal your computer. Petty thieves look for stuff to carry, not something that may or may not be worth the hassle.
#49cancerstormPosted 3/27/2014 8:46:01 AM
what floor of your apartment?
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#50Ch3wyPosted 3/27/2014 9:09:20 AM
pitt12177 posted...
No one will ever steal your computer. Petty thieves look for stuff to carry, not something that may or may not be worth the hassle.

One time some thieves broke in to an auto body shop that my friend's family owned.

They stole a ****ing weight bench.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001