This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to backup programs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any way to backup programs?
I'm not really talking about games, but about programs like editing software. Nothing's wrong with my PC right now (no viruses, no hardware problems, etc), but in the event a harddrive fails is there any way to back up programs to an external? This is more in the case that a problem does happen, since i have student versions of programs on my computer usually those are a one time installation deal.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
1 year ago#2
Save the executable to a usb drive I suppose, depending on the program and size. Either way, why would you want to keep outdated software barring a few specific conditions.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
1 year ago#3
If you've got the space I'd just do a full disk image and keep it up to date. Use something like clonezilla.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
1 year ago#4
smeh its more worth it to not get a virus :p
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
1 year ago#5
There are several programs to make full backups of your hard drive. I use acronis, because it's awesome.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
1 year ago#6
Digital Storm posted...
Save the executable to a usb drive I suppose, depending on the program and size. Either way, why would you want to keep outdated software barring a few specific conditions.

I guess that could work, it might just be the re-activation of the products. I own the student version of the Adobe Production Suite CS6 (legally), it might be a bit outdated but it sure outbeats the cloud IMO.

Orestes417 posted...
If you've got the space I'd just do a full disk image and keep it up to date. Use something like clonezilla.

I'll look into that too, thanks!

Ravenoussd posted...
smeh its more worth it to not get a virus :p

Agreed, here's hoping I never get one! (Noscript, adblock, and malwarebytes do great jobs)

fatali posted...
There are several programs to make full backups of your hard drive. I use acronis, because it's awesome.

I'll keep that one in mind too, thanks!
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
1 year ago#7
Or you know; just redownload the programs from where you got it in the first place.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any way to backup programs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived