This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can peeps suggest me RPG games like....

#11Wyn04(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 11:43:48 PM
Any thoughts on Drakensang? I dont know how the rules work but i might sink some time into it.
---
Wyn04|Izen|Hound|<50|F/W
#12chandl34Posted 3/26/2014 11:59:07 PM(edited)
Jprime666 posted...
Lasko246 posted...
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 and 2, and the Icewind Dale games.

How the does the combat in baldurs gate compare to fallout?

Baldur's Gate is real-time with pause, where-as Fallout is fully turn-based. Baldur's Gate doesn't have Fallout's aiming system, but its additional skills (such as thieves' backstab) and wide varIety of magic make the combat more complex. You also have control over all your characters in Baldur's Gate, as opposed to Fallout, so it becomes a team strategy.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#13FlyinTonitePosted 3/26/2014 11:59:36 PM
neverwinter nights was ****ing fantastic, I had the strategy guide about dungeon creating and I was stoked when I finally finished my first one... then I realized it sucked ass because I was 11 and what I thought was "cool" was "lame and stupid" to most everyone else.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.
#14jedinatPosted 3/27/2014 12:43:43 AM
Wyn04 posted...
Any thoughts on Drakensang? I dont know how the rules work but i might sink some time into it.

I thought it was incredibly bland/boring and regretted playing it.
#15Sk0rbutPosted 3/27/2014 4:16:15 AM
Wyn04 posted...

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit... but then again I used to play the pen & paper game a lot when I was younger.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#16SilentHawk29Posted 3/27/2014 8:05:48 AM
Drakensang has boring characters and story, but the gameplay is similar to Neverwinter Nights. River of Time is better when it comes to the story, but it is extremely short.

If you want newer games that have the pen and paper feeling, there's Shadowrun Returns and the Wasteland 2 beta.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#17NingishzidaPosted 3/27/2014 8:28:01 PM
Wyn04 posted...
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Torment
KOTOR 1 and 2
DA:O

I need one right now.. I like the pen and paper formula.

Thanks!

Planescape: Torment
Jagged Alliance 2 (get 1.13 uber-overhaul)
Silent Storm
Fallout 1/2
Fallout: Tactics
Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Temple of Elemental Evil (get Co8 modpack)
Baldur's Gate series
Vampire Bloodlines (get wesp fixpack)
Gothic series
Morrowind
KotOR series
Dragon Age: Origins
Neverwinter Nights + expansions (esp, Hordes and certain user-made modules like Hex Coda 01, Crimson Tides of Tethyr and Darkness Over Daggerford)
Neverwinter Nights 2 + expansions (esp, MotB+SoZ and certain user-made modules like Harp & Crysathemum and Subtlety of Thay)
Icewind Dale series
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
Drakensang
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Witcher series
Wizardry 8
Ultima 7
Darklands
Dark Sun
Betrayal at Krondor
Daggerfall
#18jedinatPosted 3/27/2014 8:50:50 PM
@Ningishzida:

I'm impressed you managed to list every single game he listed as having played in the very quote you're responding to.
#19NingishzidaPosted 3/27/2014 10:39:37 PM
jedinat posted...
@Ningishzida:

I'm impressed you managed to list every single game he listed as having played in the very quote you're responding to.

I'm not gonna bother tailoring my list to omit his meagre experience with RPGs. But you'd be even more impressed to know I'm an expert on every RPG in that list, I have involuntary sock-puppets all over the intehwubz on the various forums for some of those games. Oh, and my ego. That's impressive, too.
#20jedinatPosted 3/27/2014 10:41:47 PM
Ningishzida posted...
I'm not gonna bother tailoring my list to omit his meagre experience with RPGs.

That's kind of the entire point of responding in suggestion threads. Anybody can use google to find generic lists.