This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I started a gaming news website...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I started a gaming news website...
2 years ago#1
Now before you go all "But there are already so many gaming sites out there!" or "You're never gonna match the quality of big sites like IGN"

Yeah, I get it...but hell I started one anyway and I'm loving everything about doing it. I love video games, movies, and tv and writing and reporting about it gives me a great outlet.

So far I've spent the last three days scouring RSS feeds from various sources looking for things to post for the sake of adding content to my site. Eventually I want to get some editorials and themes going but for now I'm collecting some of the top stories in all things screens.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas or suggestions on how I can improve the site. I'd appreciate any contributions from fellow gamers.
2 years ago#2
Thing about these sites is that you need to be extremely active for a loooong time. I was with one for a while, making reviews and some video reviews, until they stopped putting up content. This may be fun for the first month, but can you do this straight for a year?
GT: Saint Muzik
2 years ago#3
That was one of the dilemma's I faced before starting it but I figured I wouldn't know until I start. We'll see how well things go. I have a lot of time on my hands since I only work weekends, however I don't see myself being the sole contributor in the long run.
2 years ago#4
your yellow titan z link at the top is broken
2 years ago#5
I've had a rush like this, although for other things. It's good that you're trying it out, but the next step is to get a good pace going to fit this in your life. It's not as easy as it sounds. The second poster got it right. Do you see yourself still doing this for awhile? Although that should be a question to answer for yourself later after you give it a good shot.
2 years ago#6
As long as you're unbiased and keep the comments under control, then i will like your website.
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
2 years ago#7
Yeah I'm currently on that startup high. I also run a photography business on weekends so I've learned from that start of that venture how to manage my time.

Believe me, nothing is making me more anxious than not knowing how things will be in the long run.
2 years ago#8
Good luck. It looks like a good start so far even if some of the news you are releasing is rather old. Ben Mackenzie was announced to be Commsioner Gordon in Gotham in February.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
2 years ago#9
I too wish you good luck, sir. The world of video game journalism needs some thoughtful and independent people in it and I hope you prove a positive force in that direction.
2 years ago#10
Thanks guys...I hope to eventually provide some quality content in the near future that readers can appreciate.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I started a gaming news website...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived