This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#11justchill433Posted 3/26/2014 10:24:35 PM
Consoles only hold graphical advancements back. I still find some super nintendo games better than current gen games.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/26/2014 11:06:13 PM
KJay489 posted...
I wouldn't necessarily it's holding gaming back...just graphical advancements. A game will still play the same among all consoles, just better looking on PC.

When you combine that with the constant demand for better graphics from console gamers, the rest of the game has to suffer to try and squeeze it into a console resource budget.
There's also the matter of controls and target market as well.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#13VeryDarkSoulPosted 3/26/2014 11:23:32 PM(edited)
a lot of my favorite games have never been on consoles, so how is this true? Huge game companies are holding gaming back, with their AAA garbage shovelware games that look pretty, but only last 6 hours of game time, then lie and say there's over 20 hours of adventure, when in reality 24 of those hours are collecting flags for no reason in Assassin's Creed

RIP Baldur's Gate
---
Ron Paul 2012
#14VeryDarkSoulPosted 3/26/2014 11:27:06 PM
oh and don't get me started with age of empires online (I wonder why I never ever hear about it. EVER) and the new Sim City. You don't just simply play a PC game anymore. They want it to be facebook.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#15Sc24lifePosted 3/26/2014 11:40:02 PM
stupid argument; consoles attract the huge gaming base.
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#16LOLIAmAnAltPosted 3/26/2014 11:47:33 PM
KJay489 posted...
I wouldn't necessarily it's holding gaming back...just graphical advancements. A game will still play the same among all consoles, just better looking on PC.

That's because it's built with the console in mind.
The PC can do more legwork in the background for things other then graphics. But this will never be utilized because it is built with the console hardware in mind.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#17_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 3/27/2014 4:40:50 AM(edited)
The claim that consoles hold back graphical advancement is something you could question.

You can argue that without the market demand generated by consoles, publishers and developers would not commit as many resources to making these games, and we would not see the huge budgets for games that we are seeing now.

On the flipside, I think the cost of developing AAA titles forces developers to rely on publishers to fund development. Few developers can make games without the interference of a publisher like , because they need the publisher to fund development.

---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#18drinkPosted 3/27/2014 4:38:25 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
PS4 has no games.

Its only 5 months old. Nether console has many games
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#19Logical_OnePosted 3/27/2014 5:19:00 AM
Loshadt posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
When it comes to stupid arguments, this takes the prize.

And no, i won't explain why it's stupid, i'll leave it for you to think it yourselves.

You won't explain why it's stupid because you can't, meanwhile many of us can explain exactly why that statement holds true. Compare Deus Ex to Deus Ex: Invisible War. Compare Thief 2 to Thief: Deadly Shadows to Thief 2014. Compare Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Noticing a pattern here?

There comes a point where hardware gets so outdated as to outright hinder progress.

QFT.

Anyone who doesn't see the trend is blind.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#20Hi CPosted 3/27/2014 5:19:54 AM
harcoreblazer topic
---
You'll be my John G.