This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#21Fission_MaiIedPosted 3/27/2014 5:20:07 AM
harcoreblazer posted...
When it comes to stupid arguments, this takes the prize.

And no, i won't explain why it's stupid, i'll leave it for you to think it yourselves.

If you won't even defend or explain your belief of why then your opinion doesn't even matter.
---
GT: Fission MaiIed (L is i); PSN: FissionXMailed (L is L); BNet: FissionMailD#1973; Steam ID: gfreak001
No "i" in team, but there is in fail.
#22TowerBooks3192Posted 3/27/2014 5:31:47 AM
Nah. Its the people who support current AAA game dev practices hold gaming back. Most AAA devs never take risks anymore and just stick with tried and tested formula that is watered down every year and chock full of DLCs/In-app purchases that nickle and dime you every step of the way. Current games are focused on the graphical arms race and never on improving the quality of the game overall.

I support indie devs who has some ideas that I am interested in compared to AAA devs that are moving towards making interactive movies that are very short and nickle and dime you every step of the way.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#23DoomkillaPosted 3/27/2014 5:34:08 AM
Dawnshadow posted...
Better graphics=higher development costs=less creativity, more bland games that play to the lowest common denominator so companies don't go bankrupt.

So, in a way, consoles are helping gaming by holding graphics back. Gameplay, fortunately, is far less hardware-intensive.

---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#24SinisterSlayPosted 3/27/2014 5:43:25 AM
The interface designed for controller and TV's is whats holding us back.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25SaQu1BPosted 3/27/2014 5:59:11 AM
Statement is true. Console gaming is for people who are not smart enough to built their own computer and must resort to someone else feeding them the games. Console gamers are more into casual no skill games. That is why CoD sells millions of copies on consoles.
#26KabtheMentatPosted 3/27/2014 6:25:36 AM
SaQu1B posted...
Statement is true. Console gaming is for people who are not smart enough to built their own computer and must resort to someone else feeding them the games. Console gamers are more into casual no skill games. That is why CoD sells millions of copies on consoles.

This is probably one of the dumbest posts on the PCH board...of which there are a lot. Daily.

Congratulations, sir. You've won. What, I dunno. But you won it.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#27biohazard1775Posted 3/27/2014 6:26:56 AM
Loshadt posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

And no, i won't explain why it's stupid, i'll leave it for you to think it yourselves.

You won't explain why it's stupid because you can't, meanwhile many of us can explain exactly why that statement holds true. Compare Deus Ex to Deus Ex: Invisible War. Compare Thief 2 to Thief: Deadly Shadows to Thief 2014. Compare Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Noticing a pattern here?

There comes a point where hardware gets so outdated as to outright hinder progress.

This.

Not to mention that consoles are holding back the entire FPS genre (and arguably one or two others) because of limited controls.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#28Little_TyraniusPosted 3/27/2014 6:36:25 AM

Trolling tip #71

Never explicitly state that you are trolling.
#29BombermanGoldPosted 3/27/2014 6:36:52 AM
SaQu1B posted...

This has got to be Poe's law in effect. It has GOT to be.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#30kingrat2314Posted 3/27/2014 6:38:52 AM
harcoreblazer posted...

It's the exact opposite, consoles do a lot for gaming when a new one comes out. If PS3 and 360 were the last consoles, PC gaming would go nowhere.
---
"You gonna just keep running away?!"
"Just keep running away? ...I'm not running."