This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#201RetroGamerGuyPosted 3/27/2014 5:59:07 PM
SaQu1B posted...
Statement is true. Console gaming is for people who are not smart enough to built their own computer and must resort to someone else feeding them the games. Console gamers are more into casual no skill games. That is why CoD sells millions of copies on consoles.

Lol. I don't really see Jrpgs being made for PC sooo yeah.
---
Favorite game ever is Twilight Princess on GC. Weird huh?
#202ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 6:00:03 PM
RetroGamerGuy posted...
SaQu1B posted...
Statement is true. Console gaming is for people who are not smart enough to built their own computer and must resort to someone else feeding them the games. Console gamers are more into casual no skill games. That is why CoD sells millions of copies on consoles.

Exactly, we don't like casual no skills games.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#203Unbridled9Posted 3/27/2014 6:01:20 PM
Drelkag posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
PelicanDynasty posted...
Unbridled, did you by any chance play the Xbox version?

I played both the Xbox version, hated it, than tried the PC version much later on when people swore it was a million times better. The only difference was the presence of console commands which made the game tolerable, but still bad.

Mods.

Unbridled has to be up there on the list of people that say so much but are so wrong.

So the game is only good when modded to the point of not being that game anymore than?

Yea. No. Mods are cool, but they don't save a bad game from being bad. They just breath more life into a game.
---
The enemy of knowledge is ignorance, not religion.
#204ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 6:07:53 PM(edited)
Unbridled9 posted...
Drelkag posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
PelicanDynasty posted...

I played both the Xbox version, hated it, than tried the PC version much later on when people swore it was a million times better. The only difference was the presence of console commands which made the game tolerable, but still bad.

Mods.

Unbridled has to be up there on the list of people that say so much but are so wrong.

So the game is only good when modded to the point of not being that game anymore than?

Yea. No. Mods are cool, but they don't save a bad game from being bad. They just breath more life into a game.

Yes, mods do save games from being bad. Look @ any recent Bethesda game.
---
#205Unbridled9Posted 3/27/2014 6:22:39 PM
Clouddx posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
Drelkag posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
PelicanDynasty posted...

Mods.

Yes, mods do save games from being bad. Look @ any recent Bethesda game.

Yea... I don't see it. Games like Wet were bad because they were bad, not because they lacked mods. Games like Skyrim were good because they were good, not because of mods.
---
#206ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 6:27:36 PM(edited)
Unbridled9 posted...
Yea... I don't see it. Games like Wet were bad because they were bad, not because they lacked mods. Games like Skyrim were good because they were good, not because of mods.

Skyrim isn't good, and was only made good with mods. Oblivion had one mod that essentially made it into a different much better game with a decent story and an actual leveling system that made sense.

I could give you another example: Arx Fatalis is bad without the mod Arx Libertatis, but with this mod it becomes and amazing game.

Even if you're a console only gamer sometimes you just have to admit that a 3rd parties work on a game is actually better than the game in its vanilla state.
---
#207RetroGamerGuyPosted 3/27/2014 6:27:20 PM
Clouddx posted...
RetroGamerGuy posted...
SaQu1B posted...

Exactly, we don't like casual no skills games.

Rpgs aren't meant to be ridiculously hard. It's meant to tell a story. That's the sort of thing that appeals to me. Although it isn't true that rpgs require no skill. You do need to have the ability to plan out your way throughout the game so that you aren't getting killed left and right. Battles such as for example the Lingering Will in KH, that isn't something people with no skills can get through.
---
Favorite game ever is Twilight Princess on GC. Weird huh?
#208DiviDudePosted 3/27/2014 6:30:23 PM
Clouddx posted...
Yes, mods do save games from being bad. Look @ any Bethesda game.

Fixed.
#209DiviDudePosted 3/27/2014 6:32:42 PM
RetroGamerGuy posted...
Rpgs aren't meant to be ridiculously hard. It's meant to tell a story. That's the sort of thing that appeals to me. Although it isn't true that rpgs require no skill. You do need to have the ability to plan out your way throughout the game so that you aren't getting killed left and right. Battles such as for example the Lingering Will in KH, that isn't something people with no skills can get through.

Well, some are meant to be hard. Anyone who thinks JRPGs are easy has obviously never played something like, say, SMT Nocture, which is well above average in terms of difficulty compared even to PC games.

Then again, anyone who would dismiss an entire genre so offhandedly is an idiot anyway.
#210Unbridled9Posted 3/27/2014 6:40:38 PM
Clouddx posted...
Unbridled9 posted...

Skyrim isn't good, and was only made good with mods. Oblivion had one mod that essentially made it into a different much better game with a decent story and an actual leveling system that made sense.

I could give you another example: Arx Fatalis is bad without the mod Arx Libertatis, but with this mod it becomes and amazing game.

Even if you're a console only gamer sometimes you just have to admit that a 3rd parties work on a game is actually better than the game in its vanilla state.

Yea. No. Skyrim is, easily, the best Elder Scrolls game out ATM. A lot of work went into making it good and it didn't do stupid things, like not explain how combat worked and the like.
---