This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#211ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 7:43:51 PM(edited)
Unbridled9 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
Yea... I don't see it. Games like Wet were bad because they were bad, not because they lacked mods. Games like Skyrim were good because they were good, not because of mods.

Skyrim isn't good, and was only made good with mods. Oblivion had one mod that essentially made it into a different much better game with a decent story and an actual leveling system that made sense.

I could give you another example: Arx Fatalis is bad without the mod Arx Libertatis, but with this mod it becomes and amazing game.

Even if you're a console only gamer sometimes you just have to admit that a 3rd parties work on a game is actually better than the game in its vanilla state.

Yea. No. Skyrim is, easily, the best Elder Scrolls game out ATM. A lot of work went into making it good and it didn't do stupid things, like not explain how combat worked and the like.

This is laughable, the best in the series is Daggerfall followed by Morrowind. Skyrim is easily the worse in the series, with it's small bland world, terrible dialogue, and dreadful streamlined storyline. The only thing that saves it is mods.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#212DrelkagPosted 3/27/2014 7:43:51 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
Drelkag posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
PelicanDynasty posted...
Unbridled, did you by any chance play the Xbox version?

I played both the Xbox version, hated it, than tried the PC version much later on when people swore it was a million times better. The only difference was the presence of console commands which made the game tolerable, but still bad.

Mods.

Unbridled has to be up there on the list of people that say so much but are so wrong.

So the game is only good when modded to the point of not being that game anymore than?

Yea. No. Mods are cool, but they don't save a bad game from being bad. They just breath more life into a game.

What? I'm saying there is clearly a difference between the Xbox and PC versions, in that one can be modded which is a pretty big deal. Nice try though.
---
Play hard or go home
#213xanthan1Posted 3/27/2014 7:50:40 PM(edited)
Unbridled9 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
Yea... I don't see it. Games like Wet were bad because they were bad, not because they lacked mods. Games like Skyrim were good because they were good, not because of mods.

Skyrim isn't good, and was only made good with mods. Oblivion had one mod that essentially made it into a different much better game with a decent story and an actual leveling system that made sense.

I could give you another example: Arx Fatalis is bad without the mod Arx Libertatis, but with this mod it becomes and amazing game.

Even if you're a console only gamer sometimes you just have to admit that a 3rd parties work on a game is actually better than the game in its vanilla state.

Yea. No. Skyrim is, easily, the best Elder Scrolls game out ATM. A lot of work went into making it good and it didn't do stupid things, like not explain how combat worked and the like.

You swing. The game rolls the dice to see if the attack connects or not. If it does hit you do damage based on how you swung your weapon. Higher weapon skills allow for more accuracy and damage. This is not rocket science. This is RPG 101.

Similar thing with magic, if it works or not is based on your magic skill. Suck at a certain type of magic? You suck at it and fail more.
#214DreamGoddess1Posted 3/27/2014 7:48:31 PM
Clouddx posted...
xactly, we don't like casual no skills games.

LOL at your pathetic trolling attempt. While some RPGs are easy, others are very hard. Heck, Lightning Returns is quite challenging if you're not using a guide.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#215ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 7:50:35 PM(edited)
DreamGoddess1 posted...
Clouddx posted...
xactly, we don't like casual no skills games.

LOL at your pathetic trolling attempt. While some RPGs are easy, others are very hard. Heck, Lightning Returns is quite challenging if you're not using a guide.

actually is was a joke/sarcasm, but mkay.
---
#216Holden_McgroinPosted 3/27/2014 7:50:53 PM
I like how people think that graphics make the game. Forget game play, story, and sound. It is impossible for consoles to hold back gaming.
---
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.
#217ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 7:53:21 PM
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
I like how people think that graphics make the game. Forget game play, story, and sound. It is impossible for consoles to hold back gaming.

Cept in the graphical department, although it doesn't make a game it can increase immersion. Also physics and AI are held back by consoles.
---
#218sonic_man00Posted 3/27/2014 8:09:30 PM
Here's how it works.

Consoles have inferior graphics, But have equal as good games.

PC have superior graphics, But you have to pay a lot of cash, But nevertheless have just as good games.

It just depends. Pay more for the same just with different games. It all just depends on what you like in terms of games.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#219Biancoazzurro88Posted 3/27/2014 8:12:02 PM
Oh God, people being poor and unable to afford multiple consoles is still a thing in 2014?
---
There's Nothing Conceptually better than Rock n' Roll - John Lennon
PSN & PES ID: Biancoazzurro88 MGO: Pwnage$nake61
#220xanthan1Posted 3/27/2014 8:17:08 PM(edited)
Biancoazzurro88 posted...
Oh God, people being poor and unable to afford multiple consoles is still a thing in 2014?

.....what does most games that try to push things in terms of graphics being developed with consoles in mind and thus being held back by them have to do with ANY of that? Did you actually think your post through?

Also yes, people being poor is still a problem faced all around the globe, we didn't magically become some paradise where everyone is rich.