This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#221DestroyrofSoulsPosted 3/27/2014 8:23:50 PM
PC MASTER- *gets bricked*
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Thanks Johnny!
#222HeroicSidekicksPosted 3/27/2014 9:32:04 PM
Most people can't afford or don't have the know how to keep up with current gaming on PC.
This is a business, and its about money.
Without income, no market, no progress.
That's all there is to it.
#223ClouddxPosted 3/27/2014 9:44:32 PM
HeroicSidekicks posted...
Most people can't afford or don't have the know how to keep up with current gaming on PC.

You do know PC gaming in the long run is cheaper than console gaming? So I don't understand how you can say people can't afford it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#224ThePylonPosted 3/27/2014 9:57:17 PM
This topic is still going?
Dwarf fortress melts high end cpu processors. Insane amounts of tracking, pathfinding, and ai cause it to slow down if your play area is too big or you have too many things in the world.
Developers can always code more complex and intricate game systems. But because they are mainly coding for something with a laptop processor it means they can never be as free as they want.
Consoles hold back games. Because good developers are also smart enough know that is where the money is and code for it... :/
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#225HeroicSidekicksPosted 3/27/2014 10:12:32 PM
Clouddx posted...

You do know PC gaming in the long run is cheaper than console gaming? So I don't understand how you can say people can't afford it.

No it isn't.
#226BlackWizardMagusPosted 3/27/2014 10:15:03 PM
Clouddx posted...

No it isn't.

Yes, it is. It's not really a debate; you'd have to be actively trying to fail if you couldn't manage to game for less on PC.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#227LoshadtPosted 3/27/2014 10:25:52 PM(edited)
No it isn't.

Whatever extra you invest into hardware over consoles is more than made up by sales through Steam, GoG, etc. This point really isn't up for debate.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#228DreamGoddess1Posted 3/28/2014 1:11:39 AM
Clouddx posted...
Cept in the graphical department, although it doesn't make a game it can increase immersion. Also physics and AI are held back by consoles.

If it meant a 300 hour long RPG with massive tons of content, I wouldn't mind a game looking like Final Fantasy IV even now. Screw graphics, I want content.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#229ClouddxPosted 3/28/2014 1:49:10 AM(edited)
DreamGoddess1 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Cept in the graphical department, although it doesn't make a game it can increase immersion. Also physics and AI are held back by consoles.

If it meant a 300 hour long RPG with massive tons of content, I wouldn't mind a game looking like Final Fantasy IV even now. Screw graphics, I want content.

I totally agree with you that content > graphics, but that doesn't change the fact that consoles do hold back the advancement of certain areas in games and AI is a big one especially for FPS games.

In fact I enjoy playing older games, which is why I'm currently going thru PS2/XBOX era games atm. Playing Sudeki right now and I love Starbound because it has graphics that are reminiscent of Genesis era games.

Also Project Zomboid is prob one of the best Zombie games I've ever played and it definitely isn't the best graphically.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#230DrelkagPosted 3/28/2014 2:30:21 AM
Clouddx posted...

No it isn't.

Yes it is.
---
Play hard or go home