This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Consoles are holding gaming back".

#231arleasPosted 3/28/2014 1:36:59 AM
HeroicSidekicks posted...
Clouddx posted...
HeroicSidekicks posted...
Most people can't afford or don't have the know how to keep up with current gaming on PC.
This is a business, and its about money.
Without income, no market, no progress.
That's all there is to it.

You do know PC gaming in the long run is cheaper than console gaming? So I don't understand how you can say people can't afford it.

No it isn't.

http://i.imgur.com/Zq9dMcA.png

stuff like this makes it cheaper. You don't need a beast of a PC to play everything, and you save a ton on the games because we're not paying for online or paying royalties to a console manufacturer on every game.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#232lkhlkhPosted 3/28/2014 2:48:24 AM
I play FPS,MMO and MOBA like games in PC/XB360 while PS are RPGS,MMO,hack and slash and tactic games.

PC gamer has never been cheaper but I can agree with superior is some respects.... but you have to spend a lot of money to get that quality. Also PC is not a platform that I enjoy gaming on. I end up barely touching it because the games I want to play are on consoles.

sometime gamers claim that the Dev did not do well in optimized pc even in good specs ,but Dev claim itself "working just fine on their computer"

you get the games cheap you might not getting it run smoothly even you have Titan graphics card and why? because it might be poor due to coding on the games or drivers,maybe because of Nvidia coding conflict or AMD coding conflict . PC has over 100 kinds of mix and match problems to get it right and not everything will done well.

your computer might run everything well and smooth that don't mean everyone will unless they get the same computer,drivers,programs running in background as you. as it said you may use an oven carefully for many years with no accident that don't mean it wont happen to everyone.

while consoles only has 1 type of drivers while its not really high in specs, Dev can focus to get it run in normal optimal.
---
the word "exclusives" are nothing compare to the games you actually want to play.
#233SilentHawk29Posted 3/28/2014 4:42:55 AM
My head hurt reading that. Let me get this straight, you're basically saying that PC gaming is actually not cheaper than console gaming, and nearly every game has compatibility issues?

Yeah, no.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#234SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/28/2014 5:50:27 AM
Loshadt posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
When it comes to stupid arguments, this takes the prize.

And no, i won't explain why it's stupid, i'll leave it for you to think it yourselves.

You won't explain why it's stupid because you can't, meanwhile many of us can explain exactly why that statement holds true. Compare Deus Ex to Deus Ex: Invisible War. Compare Thief 2 to Thief: Deadly Shadows to Thief 2014. Compare Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Noticing a pattern here?

There comes a point where hardware gets so outdated as to outright hinder progress.

But those previous games were built on lesser hardware.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#235SilentHawk29Posted 3/28/2014 6:58:07 AM
Lesser hardware yet the games are more complex. Why is that?
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#236LoshadtPosted 3/28/2014 6:58:58 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...

And they looked like s*** because the focus was on more important things, especially Thief which has among the best audio engineering in the industry to date.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#237Unbridled9Posted 3/28/2014 8:17:04 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Loshadt posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
When it comes to stupid arguments, this takes the prize.

And no, i won't explain why it's stupid, i'll leave it for you to think it yourselves.

You won't explain why it's stupid because you can't, meanwhile many of us can explain exactly why that statement holds true. Compare Deus Ex to Deus Ex: Invisible War. Compare Thief 2 to Thief: Deadly Shadows to Thief 2014. Compare Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Noticing a pattern here?

There comes a point where hardware gets so outdated as to outright hinder progress.

No. The only real pattern is that the older games are being held up as examples of why PC gaming is better from a technological standpoint while lambasting the newer games for being worse technologically since they tried to appeal to a wider audience. It's why I stopped responding to them. I hate Morrowind, but I'm fully capable of admitting it's my own bias and that over people loved it and thought it was good. I'm convinced most of it is nostalgia, but I'm willing to allow for the possibility.

Meanwhile they're willing to shove off the entire reason that games fail on titles that, not only did one of them distinctly NOT fail, but that both hold no meaning outside of the few people who played them and blame it entirely on them 'appealing to console gamers'. So here's my suggestion. Tell them to go play Dwarf Fortress or Minecraft and just ignore them. They aren't worth it otherwise.
---
The enemy of knowledge is ignorance, not religion.
#238reincarnator07Posted 3/28/2014 8:47:12 AM
lkhlkh posted...
I play FPS,MMO and MOBA like games in PC/XB360 while PS are RPGS,MMO,hack and slash and tactic games.

PC gamer has never been cheaper but I can agree with superior is some respects.... but you have to spend a lot of money to get that quality. Also PC is not a platform that I enjoy gaming on. I end up barely touching it because the games I want to play are on consoles.

sometime gamers claim that the Dev did not do well in optimized pc even in good specs ,but Dev claim itself "working just fine on their computer"

you get the games cheap you might not getting it run smoothly even you have Titan graphics card and why? because it might be poor due to coding on the games or drivers,maybe because of Nvidia coding conflict or AMD coding conflict . PC has over 100 kinds of mix and match problems to get it right and not everything will done well.

your computer might run everything well and smooth that don't mean everyone will unless they get the same computer,drivers,programs running in background as you. as it said you may use an oven carefully for many years with no accident that don't mean it wont happen to everyone.

while consoles only has 1 type of drivers while its not really high in specs, Dev can focus to get it run in normal optimal.

My old PC with a Core 2 Duo and HD4870 can still play the vast majority of titles out, albeit at reduced settings. They're perfectly playable. I don't have to pay extra to play them online and I'll be able to play them for the foreseeable future on whatever PC I decide to get.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#239Worknofun370Posted 3/28/2014 9:59:03 AM
Has the TC responded a single time?
#240r0ge00Posted 3/28/2014 10:03:51 AM
arleas posted...

http://i.imgur.com/Zq9dMcA.png

Gotta love those cherry picked sales comparisons. You can rent just about any popular single player game on a console for a few bucks (this includes new releases). Factor in "Free" games from PSN+ and XBL Gold and it becomes much closer. They go on sale all the time for $35 a year (which is $3 a month). A lot of people will toss away $3 a month or more on games they don't even touch.

Amazon also has a PSN store now and can sell games for discounts. As DD picks up for consoles, the sales are only going to increase. I don't believe it will ever be equal if the habits are the same between a PC and console gamer, but it will be much closer.

Yah, bundles are awesome, and so are F2P games, but it's all dependent on what you play, how much you play, and who you play with. The guy that can rent his single player games on the weekend and beat them is going to come out ahead and he's probably playing them sooner than if he was waiting for a 75% off sale on PC. He doesn't even need PSN+ or XBL Gold. The guy that plays nothing but F2P multiplayer games is going to come out ahead on PC.