This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming is DEAD: special edition of new Wolfenstein doesn't come with the game!!!

#11zerodefectPosted 3/27/2014 8:35:09 AM
I think it's a good move. Some people will opt for the digital download and still want the extra stuff.
---
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU
#12samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 8:35:19 AM
Tireseas posted...
http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

What precisely is unethical about bolded text clearly pointing out that you're not buying the game?

For starters, the fact that this product is called 'WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER PANZERHUND EDITION', and it does not feature Wolfenstein: The New Order in it.

Also, the bolded text is in the last paragraph and you need to scroll down to read it. Anyone with understanding of how website design works knows that many users won't scroll down and read it.

This is a jerk move by Bethesda and there is no denying it.
#13DerPancakePosted 3/27/2014 8:36:42 AM
Nothing wrong with what they are doing, they are not lying about what comes in the product.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#14Ch3wyPosted 3/27/2014 8:37:31 AM
Tireseas posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Tireseas posted...
http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

What precisely is unethical about bolded text clearly pointing out that you're not buying the game?

You're acting like people read descriptions of things that they buy.

Caveat emptor. The product is clearly presented, if the customer is too stupid to read then we as a society should point and go ha-ha, not blame the seller.

I disagree that it's clearly presented.

It says Wolfenstein: The New Order in the title of the product, but it does not contain Wolfenstein: The New Order.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#15TireseasPosted 3/27/2014 8:38:57 AM
Didn't have to scroll anywhere to read it. You people browsing at 800x600 or something? Not that it matters, as you have to scroll even farther to hit the buy button.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#16gastamanPosted 3/27/2014 8:39:11 AM
zerodefect posted...
I think it's a good move. Some people will opt for the digital download and still want the extra stuff.

---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#17Ch3wyPosted 3/27/2014 8:40:39 AM
gastaman posted...
zerodefect posted...

Then include the digital download with the purchase.

At the very least don't call it an edition of the game when it's not an edition of the game.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#18samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 8:43:53 AM(edited)
Tireseas posted...
Didn't have to scroll anywhere to read it. You people browsing at 800x600 or something? Not that it matters, as you have to scroll even farther to hit the buy button.

Calling a product [game name] 'something something' edition clearly induces people into thinking that product is a version of the game + special edition goodies.

The proper way to do it would have been to call it something else other than edition, as that word has an established meaning in this context.
#19TireseasPosted 3/27/2014 8:44:46 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
Tireseas posted...

Calling a product [game name] 'something something' edition clearly induces people into thinking that product is a version of the game + special edition goodies.

The proper way to do it would have been to call it something else other than edition, as that word has an established meaning in this context.

Doesn't matter if they'd called it Steve, what you get is very clearly described. If you don't bother to read it's YOUR problem.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#20Ch3wyPosted 3/27/2014 8:47:26 AM
Tireseas posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Tireseas posted...

Doesn't matter if they'd called it Steve, what you get is very clearly described. If you don't bother to read it's YOUR problem.

It's not clearly described. There's a contradiction between the title of the product and its description.

If something like this was done on eBay for example, they would side with the buyer and they would be entitled a refund.
---