This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming is DEAD: special edition of new Wolfenstein doesn't come with the game!!!

#21Majoras_pantsPosted 3/27/2014 8:56:43 AM
Who cares? Special editions have always been just extra money to buy the same game + a bunch of crap to look at then throw away.

This one just doesn't include the cost of the game.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#22chrono625Posted 3/27/2014 9:29:12 AM
Ch3wy posted...
gastaman posted...
zerodefect posted...
I think it's a good move. Some people will opt for the digital download and still want the extra stuff.

Then include the digital download with the purchase.

At the very least don't call it an edition of the game when it's not an edition of the game.

This is available to console and PC players. That's why.

A lot of people want boxed games so including a digital copy would only increase the cost for people who want a physical box.

It comes down to that you buy the goodies separate from the game where it would cost $150-160 anyway for both.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#23Marshall_LawPosted 3/27/2014 9:38:32 AM
It's $100 most "epic/collectors" editions are closer to 150 with the game....don't see that big a deal
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#24Marshall_LawPosted 3/27/2014 9:40:03 AM
Also like some said, this was a way for people that buy digital copies to still get extras without having to purchase a second copy of the game
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#25clowningPosted 3/27/2014 9:53:49 AM
It is a rather odd thing....special edition does not contain the game.... Stupid thing to do, really, making the buyer have to get the game separately. It's almost as if the concept of "customer service" was unfamiliar to them. Oh wait, it's the gaming industry, customer service does not exist, my bad.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#26Hicks233Posted 3/27/2014 9:59:41 AM
So how long til "bŁth€$da" becomes a thing then?
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#27halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/27/2014 10:00:18 AM
eh, it shouldnt be marketed/named as a "special edition", but I'm not against publishers offering all the limited edition goodies separately from the game, especially with how elaborate some special editions get.

I'd rather they have both options though(as in, a true "special/limited edition" which includes the game and then a separate offering of just the goodies).
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#28Ch3wyPosted 3/27/2014 10:02:38 AM
They should at least put "No Game Included" in parenthesis by the title if they feel the need to call it a special edition of the game.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#29ein311Posted 3/27/2014 11:17:38 AM
zerodefect posted...
I think it's a good move. Some people will opt for the digital download and still want the extra stuff.

This is exactly what came to my mind.

I'm a sucker for interesting collector's editions, but a lot of them don't come on PC. Instead of paying for two copies of the game, I could buy the game on PC and buy the collector's edition stuff separate and add to my collection.

Not a big deal, just people wanting to find excuses to bring out their pitchforks.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations