This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how quickly those 'nextgens are more powerful than PC' proclaimers shut up

#11Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 3/27/2014 9:51:44 AM
Keep in mind that since consoels are dedicated you need much less powerful hardware for the same results, Jhon Crakman says that on a PC you need hardware to be on average 2 to 2.5 time smroe powerful for the same results, however there are already graphic carms mor ethan 3 times mroe powerful
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#12TropicMoon10Posted 3/27/2014 9:55:10 AM
QuestofChosen posted...

No problem. You also have to take the cpu into account. The r7 265 is a decent card but the PS4 cpu is probably holding it back.

I wonder how many cores current games actually use out of the 8 it has total.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#13maybecallsPosted 3/27/2014 9:56:05 AM
Well, I'm still using a humble GTX 460, so they are more powerful than my set-up.
#14kyioriPosted 3/27/2014 9:57:15 AM
Englandfc1966 posted...
I just find it so hard to believe that people can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps, it's like ****ing night and day.

I can't believe people can be colorblind! Omg! /s

Everyone's eyes are different, even if there may not be a condition named for it.
---
3DS FC: 5026-4460-7382
Sakura Taisen Forever
#15animanganimePosted 3/27/2014 9:58:11 AM
Don't forget that consoles developing is also down-to-the-metal, the samething Mantle and DirectX 12 are trying to accomplish.
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#16Duken13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 10:02:36 AM
animanganime posted...
down-to-the-metal

Buzzword alert.
#17godplaysSNESPosted 3/27/2014 10:06:38 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
QuestofChosen posted...

No problem. You also have to take the cpu into account. The r7 265 is a decent card but the PS4 cpu is probably holding it back.

Two cores are reserved for the OS, leaving only six cores available for gaming
Both the PS4 and Xbox One reportedly also reserve 3GB RAM for the OS

The PS4 should beat its PC equivalents eventually (DX12 could level the field though).
But a console has never and will never be "maxed" at the beginning, and I don't get why people thought it suddenly would be the case with the PS4 or Xbox One.

For the rest of this generation, the studios will put their ace programmers working on making their engines optimal for the PS4 and Xbox One. Only problem is that PC hardware will continue moving forward during that time.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#18PhilOnDezPosted 3/27/2014 10:13:11 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
QuestofChosen posted...

Both the PS4 and xbone have two cores reserved for the OS. This leaves 6 actually available for games and I doubt many games are using all of them. Both the PS3 and 360 were capable of running 6 threads as well (6 cores for ps3, 3 cores + HT for 360) but that capability was barely utilized. Titanfall on PC only uses two threads. Xbone version might use 3 with one of those threads dedicated solely to decoding audio.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#19BuburibonPosted 3/27/2014 10:31:05 AM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
Keep in mind that since consoels are dedicated you need much less powerful hardware for the same results, Jhon Crakman says that on a PC you need hardware to be on average 2 to 2.5 time smroe powerful for the same results, however there are already graphic carms mor ethan 3 times mroe powerful

Maybe that's how it used to be, but to say that you need the equivalent of a vanilla GTX 780 to produce the same results as a PS4 just doesn't seem accurate at all. I mean, look at how the PS4 runs Thief, COD Ghosts, BF4, and ACIV: Black Flag, and compare it to what the 780 is able to achieve with the same games.

In any case, reality is obviously much more complicated than that, and I reckon the PS4's CPU might be the bottleneck in this equation. On a related note, while playing Infamous: Second Son last night, I pondered about just how much lower console standards really are. Second Son's already low frame rate skips and stutters all over the place, but the gaming media and the vast majority of console users don't seem to care at all. Infamous is playable, but barely.
---
Steam | PSN | XBL | NNID: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#20crawdadPosted 3/27/2014 10:42:48 AM
lol #masterrace is not even that master. everyone knows that DX12 will make the Xbone far superior in every way. With the esram it has 192GB of RAM!!!!!

No PC has that even.

PC = Dead

And just in case, /joke post
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad