This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate MMOs?

#41Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/27/2014 9:26:03 PM
Lemur_H posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
The same reason people hate Lemur H, he's mean to people that only try to be his friend.

Not my fault you're a @#$% who does nothing but @#$%^%$#@$%# all day while watching Blues Clues.

Oh, I know you did not just diss Blues Clues
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#42badboyPosted 3/27/2014 10:54:11 PM
Many of them had bad experience in a sucky MMO and think all of them are the same.
Or they just base their opinion on what they hear, which is a stupid thing if you ask me.
#43YOeastonYOPosted 3/27/2014 10:57:29 PM
A majority of MMOs are money pits. Pay 2 win is a major problem.
#44kobalobasileusPosted 3/27/2014 11:34:25 PM
Jprime666 posted...
MMORPGs are like the worst part of regular RPGs stretched out over hundreds of hours.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Taking Grind, which is a detrimental side effect of including a leveling system of some sort, and making it the ENTIRE POINT of the game is pretty uncool.
#45KJay489Posted 3/27/2014 11:55:41 PM
MMO gameplay feels like an afterthought.
#46DaedalusExPosted 3/28/2014 12:18:17 AM
I've yet to play a singleplayer game or any non-mmo with boss fights as mechanically deep as WoW's. There's just nothing quite like downing a raid boss, which is why I'll always keep going back.
#47Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/28/2014 12:38:45 AM(edited)
Because of a decade of stagnation post-wow. Also lmao at wow's "deep" mechanics. That's pretty easily impressed.

Edit: actually, considering how barely managing to stay out of the fire seems to be the apex of a lot of people's ability, I'm not surprised.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#48DaedalusExPosted 3/28/2014 12:55:02 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Because of a decade of stagnation post-wow. Also lmao at wow's "deep" mechanics. That's pretty easily impressed.

Edit: actually, considering how barely managing to stay out of the fire seems to be the apex of a lot of people's ability, I'm not surprised.

Like most people that criticize WoW, it's clear that you haven't actually raided.
#49Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/28/2014 1:18:50 AM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...

Like most people that criticize WoW, it's clear that you haven't actually raided.

Pretty much all I do in MMOs is raid. I enjoyed WoW's raidgame up until lich king, but lets not pretend it was anything other than the exercise in herding kittens that it was (Like every other MMO). TBC was the peak of wow's raiding game, and it still wasn't all that special, sorry.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#50bjergmosePosted 3/28/2014 5:47:03 AM
I hate P2W mmos..i really hate everything that WoW stands for...like the money per month pay

but i DO like all FREE to play mmo..or buy and no monthly pay mmo's

the reason why its fun..its if u can get friends..or u get to learn other players. and they become friends...fx : I joined a guild that was for players from the same country as me..and they only took players from the same country..all ages..

that is what makes it fun. when u have alot of people that have the same sort of humor, language, same basic ideas. and then u can have IRL meetings too..and play other games. talk to each other without have dif language..

I have played gw2 since beta and still plays it. and i have been in that guild for around 1 year now..and we have already meeti each other 2 times..some more then others..some have their kids in the guild. some have their wife/husband..and some have found love in each other..over this game :)
we go to the movies together..have dinner...and all those people iI didn't knew any of them irl before i played and joined that guild....

this is wher a good moo shines, when u play and lauhg with friends..and u can spend hours per day on the same stuff..just becuz ur with those players..then everything is new everyday

and btw..mmo's..the good ones...or the hardcore players..they do stick arounds for years..and then u get alot out of your money, i have played gw1 for 8 years now..well 7 years, and then came gw2. but its 8 now.. :)

sure the noobs are very annyoing, and it can be a bit hard to pug. when u expect everyone else to know the same or more then yourself...

i like the fact that in gw2 fx. i set my own goals..like in most mmo's u set your own goal..

u can buy tekken and play it for 2 months..then u have everything there...and u dont play it alot after that...just like alot of single player game..u beat it 3-4 times..and then ur done...and u hardly ever play it again..ever

mmo = u never finish..there is always something new. or soemthing to keep u goin..and i am not talking about p2w..or pay per month mmo's..those sucks
---
Its Nice to be Important But its more important to be Nice