This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how difficult is Hitman: Blood Money?

#1thatauthorPosted 3/27/2014 2:44:22 PM
I tried the demo twice before on 360. I'm redownloading it for Steam currently. It was easier the second time I tried it. I don't like games that are difficult for the sake of difficulty or being frustrated by games(which is why I haven't tried the Souls trilogy). . I like blowing off steam with them, not being tortured. so how is Blood Money's difficulty?
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#2SpazH3dPosted 3/27/2014 2:47:54 PM
Well you don't have regenerating health, so by modern gamers standards, then the game is insanely difficult.

But wait! You are an assassin, you're not even supposed to be seen by the enemy. Figuring out the strategy of the levels, that's the difficulty. Hitman Blood Money is a puzzle game with killing.

It's also way easier than the previous games in the franchise.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3cyborg2000x0Posted 3/27/2014 2:50:06 PM
The game isn't very hard in the usual sense, a lot of the difficulty comes from properly exploring and planning how to perform assassinations without being seen. Its a really fun game that has a few stand out levels that I sometimes enjoy replaying to find new ways to assassinate.

There are also multiple difficulty setting that not only affect your own and the enemy's health but also can alter the AI's behavior to make them less alert, so I think you will have a blast with this game so long as you aren't gunning for the silent assassin rating for every mission.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbvSkD7kiI0
Xbl Gamer Tag: COMBAT BUTLER (add me, I need friends)
#4kingoffpsPosted 3/27/2014 2:56:27 PM
I have a strange relationship with the Hitman games. I think they're great. But I'm absolutely terrible at them and I also find them very frustrating at the same time.

Something about the disguise functionality that I've just never mastered. For some reason I've never been able to walk past someone while wearing a disguise without immediately having them open fire on me.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#5MahoganyTooth92Posted 3/27/2014 3:04:07 PM
Not very difficult if you have half a brain, as your disguises essentially make you invisible to the enemies.

Maybe I'm a bit biased having played a crap-ton of it over time, but it's not "Difficult for the sake of difficulty" it's reasonably challenging and well worth your time.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
3DS FC: 2234-8306-6237
#6SpazH3dPosted 3/27/2014 3:38:24 PM
kingoffps posted...
For some reason I've never been able to walk past someone while wearing a disguise without immediately having them open fire on me.

While this may be true in Hitman Absolution, it works perfectly in Blood Money. You might have your notoriety up, so people know who you are (you can buy your way to anonymity). Or you just upset someone, and in that case, they will shoot you with or without disguise.
---
- My vision is augmented
#7Logical_OnePosted 3/27/2014 3:44:39 PM
thatauthor posted...
I tried the demo twice before on 360. I'm redownloading it for Steam currently. It was easier the second time I tried it. I don't like games that are difficult for the sake of difficulty or being frustrated by games(which is why I haven't tried the Souls trilogy). . I like blowing off steam with them, not being tortured. so how is Blood Money's difficulty?

Easiest in the series barring Absolution (which although fun did not feel like a true Hitman game). I really liked BM but it is MUCH easier than the first 3 IMO (and I did complete them all).
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#8R i c kPosted 3/27/2014 3:47:09 PM
Compared to the earlier Hitman games? Easy peasy. They just gave you too many ways to complete the mission stealthily and the guard patterns were usually pretty loose. Some of the missions in 2 or Contracts required staring at the map for an hour, memorizing guard patterns and trying to work out the weak link in the whole thing if you wanted to perfect the mission but I never had to do more than wander around for a bit and experiment a little in BM. In the earlier games guards were also a lot more wary of disguises and running but in BM you can basically do whatever and they don't care as long as you have the right disguise for the area.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#9Grimlink132Posted 3/27/2014 3:57:14 PM
if you play on normal you can pretty much do whatever you want and not die. Its THE game to just play however you want if you don't care about rank. great stress reliever.