This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking back, which of these has FB ruined anyway?

#11Arya1Posted 3/27/2014 3:37:38 PM
Because some people are afraid of change. Sure, there is a chance FB will ruin OR. But look at the bright side, there is a chance that consumer version will be released earlier than schedule and cheaper than they were planned. I won't say OR finished, until the consumer version tell otherwise.
#12KillerTrufflePosted 3/27/2014 3:38:54 PM
Advertising would be understandable. That's what the majority of free sites use to stay afloat. It's the data mining and privacy raping that tends to rub people the wrong way with Facebook.

But the advertising is ALSO a reason to hate their acquisition of Oculus - we don't need ad overlays on that, but basically ads are going to be where their revenue comes from with Oculus. That blows massive chunks.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#13KillerTrufflePosted 3/27/2014 3:40:36 PM
Arya1 posted...
Because some people are afraid of change. Sure, there is a chance FB will ruin OR. But look at the bright side, there is a chance that consumer version will be released earlier than schedule and cheaper than they were planned. I won't say OR finished, until the consumer version tell otherwise.

Translation: It's OK with me if they screw it up and plague it with ads, as long as I can get it faster and cheaper.

What sucks is society as a whole really has that attitude on LOTS of things these days. It's a crappy attitude.

I'll exercise my patience and wait for a quality product over a rushed, ad-ridden slop job.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14OreoBoy206Posted 3/27/2014 3:41:36 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Advertising would be understandable. That's what the majority of free sites use to stay afloat. It's the data mining and privacy raping that tends to rub people the wrong way with Facebook.

But the advertising is ALSO a reason to hate their acquisition of Oculus - we don't need ad overlays on that, but basically ads are going to be where their revenue comes from with Oculus. That blows massive chunks.

True that, lets just hope that the advertising only applies to Facebook related services and not gaming unrelated to Facebook...
#15kobalobasileusPosted 3/27/2014 4:05:02 PM
Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus VR are the only things on that list I've ever heard of. So you could say that FB killed the rest of the lot by absorbing their technologies but leaving the companies themselves to vanish into obscurity.
#16aaron1111Posted 3/27/2014 4:05:41 PM
Welcome to VR Cinema 3D....

Please like and play 10 minutes of Candy Crush to enjoy a top row seat!

This movie has been brought to You by Facebook! give us a like and get a free sneak peak of our upcoming features!

*1/4 way into the movie a giant screen appears in the theater* are You enjoying this flick? Share it with your friends! Want to also add this to Your movies collection?

*Halfway into the movie a giant F appears*

*Gollum appears for the corner(Get this statue for Your Farm now!!! only 4.99!)*

Movie Ends* Did You like the movie? Like it now! *You close the Popup* I'm sorry? Did You say You liked the movie? *You close it angrily again* We're sorry, but You cannot remove Your Oculus headset at this time. Please proceed to recommend Farmville to 30 friends to take off Your headset.

Have a nice day!
#17TiamatKillerPosted 3/27/2014 4:51:23 PM
Lasko246 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
The only reason someone doesn't like Facebook is because they are a hipster.

Yeah, someone who values their privacy must be a hipster.

Lol
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @930MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#18SythisTaruPosted 3/27/2014 4:55:38 PM
Lasko246 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
The only reason someone doesn't like Facebook is because they are a hipster.

Yeah, someone who values their privacy must be a hipster.

What does Facebook have to do with privacy? You choose what to post on it...
#19ThatOneGuysHairPosted 3/27/2014 4:57:21 PM
the only people who use facebook anymore are hipsters -- at this point it's a "retro" experience.

facebook hasn't been relevant for anything other than talking to your grandmother for YEARS
#20SythisTaruPosted 3/27/2014 5:02:27 PM
ThatOneGuysHair posted...
the only people who use facebook anymore are hipsters -- at this point it's a "retro" experience.

facebook hasn't been relevant for anything other than talking to your grandmother for YEARS

So what are you cool kids using? Google Plus?