This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking back, which of these has FB ruined anyway?

#31YOeastonYOPosted 3/27/2014 11:24:50 PM
Lasko246 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
The only reason someone doesn't like Facebook is because they are a hipster.

Yeah, someone who values their privacy must be a hipster.

Someone's never heard of friends only. Or have people on their friends list that ain't their friends
#32Arya1Posted 3/27/2014 11:32:54 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Arya1 posted...
Because some people are afraid of change. Sure, there is a chance FB will ruin OR. But look at the bright side, there is a chance that consumer version will be released earlier than schedule and cheaper than they were planned. I won't say OR finished, until the consumer version tell otherwise.

Translation: It's OK with me if they screw it up and plague it with ads, as long as I can get it faster and cheaper.

What sucks is society as a whole really has that attitude on LOTS of things these days. It's a crappy attitude.

I'll exercise my patience and wait for a quality product over a rushed, ad-ridden slop job.

Which part of my post that say I'm fine if FB mess up OR?
If the consumer version turned out horrible with bunch of ads or else, of course I won't buy it, they will pay the consequence.
My whole point is, I haven't lost my interest with OR just because bunch of speculation.

Think about this, OR now need more fund to compete with their competitor. We already see how Sony advertise their project heavily.
Yes, I'm aware if Sony's VR is not as good as OR, but I doubt OR with lack of advertising will be able to compete against heavily advertised project Morpheus.
#33ukemandwnbuPosted 3/28/2014 10:08:22 AM
ZeroCharge posted...
I just genuinely hate FB and most things associated with it. "Oh? What's this? This person who hated your guts and treated you like **** in Jr. High and High school wants to be my friend on FB?" Lolnope. I don't need that crap. I have my small group of good friends and that's all I need. I text them when I want to, call them when I want to, and we hang out every once in a while when they're not busy. And I'd also prefer to forget all the elitist ass-hats that treated me like a second-class citizen during my school years.

This man earns my respect. +100 respect points
#34ShuraYukihimePosted 3/28/2014 6:13:53 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
ZeroCharge posted...
I just genuinely hate FB and most things associated with it. "Oh? What's this? This person who hated your guts and treated you like **** in Jr. High and High school wants to be my friend on FB?" Lolnope. I don't need that crap. I have my small group of good friends and that's all I need. I text them when I want to, call them when I want to, and we hang out every once in a while when they're not busy. And I'd also prefer to forget all the elitist ass-hats that treated me like a second-class citizen during my school years.

This man earns my respect. +100 respect points

It all depends on how you use it, like most things. Set things to "friends only". Only have a "friends list" that is made of people that are your friends or family. It becomes a useful tool.

In the time that I had a facebook account I never once added a person from highschool that I hadn't kept in touch with already after highschool. The people on my list and I could hold multi person discussions in a centralized location even when we were many miles apart.

But then again I'm a terrible text person. I don't have a ringer set on my phone. I don't answer calls. I return texts when I feel like it.

What this has to do with the Rift, nothing. Just fear mongering because Facebook is involved. Everyone lost their collective s*** when they bought Instagram. It seems people still use it and I'm told it has remained mostly the same. I can't say first hand, I don't use it.

People like to pretend they have principals. Until they are no longer convenient or easy.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#35Lucavi000Posted 3/28/2014 6:20:33 PM
Apparently I'm late to the party. I did not know that FB owns Instagram.
#36ShuraYukihimePosted 3/28/2014 6:23:11 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
Apparently I'm late to the party. I did not know that FB owns Instagram.

Surprising isn't it.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#37Lucavi000Posted 3/28/2014 6:23:54 PM
Not really when you think about how much FB wants the be the central hub of all things social.
#38aaron1111Posted 3/28/2014 6:25:07 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
Not really when you think about how much FB wants the be the central hub of all things social.

And if this is a success they got it. Otherwise they will go they way of the Myplace....errr what was it called oh yeah! Myspace!
#39Lucavi000Posted 3/28/2014 6:26:34 PM
I don't really think any other social media site will be able to touch FB at this point. Myspace went down in flames and G+ isn't even a threat. Instagram was the major contender but then again FB has literally billions to throw around and money always talks.
#40ShuraYukihimePosted 3/28/2014 6:27:36 PM
Lucavi000 posted...

I mean it's surprising because the service remained unchanged despite Facebook acquiring it. People were so concerned it would be ruined.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.