This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is shaping up nicely...

#11SteamsterPosted 3/28/2014 9:51:33 AM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Pretty much this, it's being made by the people that made SOCOM

Oh damn, I was actually thinking of saying it looks like it's trying to be SOCOM to those dummies that asked what makes it look different

I'm tired of multiplayer shooters at this point in my life, but this one does look like it could be quite a good game.
#12SinisterSlayPosted 3/28/2014 9:52:54 AM(edited)
Looks like a military shooter. Whats the big deal? When I vote for indie games I want innovation.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13KillerTrufflePosted 3/28/2014 9:56:41 AM
Yeah, the simple fact that a game is made by some group isn't going to convince me to be impressed. If Westwood had made Flappy Bird before EA took them out back and shot them, I wouldn't have been impressed, regardless of their previous games.

I look at the quality and value of a game based on what it has to offer. A generic military shooter made by the group that made SOCOM is still just a generic military shooter. If the people making it are the ONLY thing that makes it stand out, f*** that. All they're doing is adding to the glut of crap we don't need.

Now if they take their skill and actually add something different/unique to the game, tell me what actually makes the game DIFFERENT from every other generic military shooter. Then we can talk. For now tho, gotta say I'm 100% unimpressed.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14LazyyAmericanPosted 3/28/2014 10:02:04 AM
Why can't I just get a real ghost recon/rainbow six again? Cause the moneymakers can't handle slow movement and instant death and waiting till the round is over?
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#15SnipeStarPosted 3/28/2014 10:06:07 AM
i stopped watching literally 1 second into the video.

yawn.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#16Lemur_HPosted 3/28/2014 10:06:53 AM
Tell me why I should care about this over ARMA III.
#17KillerTrufflePosted 3/28/2014 10:07:18 AM
LazyyAmerican posted...
Why can't I just get a real ghost recon/rainbow six again? Cause the moneymakers can't handle slow movement and instant death and waiting till the round is over?

At least with R6, you didn't have to wait the round out if you died - you could assume control of another squad member. I don't recall with Ghost Recon, but I thought it was the same way.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#18SteamsterPosted 3/28/2014 10:10:29 AM
<KillerTruffle posted...
Yeah, the simple fact that a game is made by some group isn't going to convince me to be impressed. If Westwood had made Flappy Bird before EA took them out back and shot them, I wouldn't have been impressed, regardless of their previous games.

I look at the quality and value of a game based on what it has to offer. A generic military shooter made by the group that made SOCOM is still just a generic military shooter. If the people making it are the ONLY thing that makes it stand out, f*** that. All they're doing is adding to the glut of crap we don't need.

Now if they take their skill and actually add something different/unique to the game, tell me what actually makes the game DIFFERENT from every other generic military shooter. Then we can talk. For now tho, gotta say I'm 100% unimpressed.

Eh, you just sound like you're tired of that particular genre, like me.

It's like racing or fighting games. If you want good ones that offer fairly deep game play and good competitive action, you tend to go towards the well made "generic" ones. If all you want is something different you end up with gimmicky novelty crap that's only entertaining for a short while because it's not built on the foundation that's been proven to work.

Sometimes the generic been-there-done-that is the best simply due to the KISS principle. It's nice to have innovation or variety, but that doesn't mean we should s*** on a potentially good game just because.
#19LazyyAmericanPosted 3/28/2014 10:11:23 AM
Well was referring to online play...but yes in single player you technically had 8 lives.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#20SinisterSlayPosted 3/28/2014 10:19:09 AM
Steamster posted...
<KillerTruffle posted...

Eh, you just sound like you're tired of that particular genre, like me.

It's like racing or fighting games. If you want good ones that offer fairly deep game play and good competitive action, you tend to go towards the well made "generic" ones. If all you want is something different you end up with gimmicky novelty crap that's only entertaining for a short while because it's not built on the foundation that's been proven to work.

Sometimes the generic been-there-done-that is the best simply due to the KISS principle. It's nice to have innovation or variety, but that doesn't mean we should s*** on a potentially good game just because.

If you just make a generic game, there is no reason for players to play it. They will just keep playing the previous generic game.
You have to be unique, something to separate your game from the generic stuff.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence