This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You need to buy to Nvidias and sli them together to equal 8GB of PS4 RAM.

#61BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 3/27/2014 9:51:31 PM
macmahon187 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
macmahon187 posted...
So wait biggestps3fan, if I have a 4gig card and 16 gigs of system ram what does that do for your logic. Btw I hate to bash your name but dude the ps3 was one of the most poorly engineered consoles I can remember. Its ok, I used to own one very briefly back in 09' but I will give Sony respect for how well they have turned it around with the ps4. Its kinda like a decent gaming laptop performance wise.

System RAM is much different and shouldn't even be used in a conversation like this.

Yeah I know. That's the point. And how can it not be in the conversation. How much system ram does ps4 have? We have dedicated ram ps4 has 8 gigs shared across the board. I know u won't get it but there it is.

PS4 only shares it so the memory can spread faster. They could have put VRAM and system RAM, but why when it works better this way? The engineers at Sony know what is up.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#62Arn544Posted 3/27/2014 9:55:18 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
To be fair, the PS4's tech is way more powerful than PCs, but devs just can't take advantage of it that well until they unlock the full potential. GDDR5 is way better than DDR3 and can produce much better results since the PS4 has such a large amount of it.

The PS4 is equivalent to a mid-range gaming pc from early 2011. The PS4 has 8GB of ram but only 2gb is used by the gpu.

Actually about 6gb is used for games, but that doesn't change the fact that vram has little to do with graphical power

The important thing to look at for graphics is "flops" and the Ps4 is at about 1.84 terraflops, whereas GTX titan is over 5, and the AMD R9 290 is 5.

A mid range GPU still doubles the Ps4's power and that's its strong point, the CPU is dog ****
#63macmahon187Posted 3/27/2014 9:57:06 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
macmahon187 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
macmahon187 posted...
So wait biggestps3fan, if I have a 4gig card and 16 gigs of system ram what does that do for your logic. Btw I hate to bash your name but dude the ps3 was one of the most poorly engineered consoles I can remember. Its ok, I used to own one very briefly back in 09' but I will give Sony respect for how well they have turned it around with the ps4. Its kinda like a decent gaming laptop performance wise.

System RAM is much different and shouldn't even be used in a conversation like this.

Yeah I know. That's the point. And how can it not be in the conversation. How much system ram does ps4 have? We have dedicated ram ps4 has 8 gigs shared across the board. I know u won't get it but there it is.

PS4 only shares it so the memory can spread faster. They could have put VRAM and system RAM, but why when it works better this way? The engineers at Sony know what is up.

How does it work better this way? Explain
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#64DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/27/2014 10:06:54 PM
macmahon187 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
macmahon187 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
macmahon187 posted...

How does it work better this way? Explain

The CPU and GPU write to the same pool of memory, and can therefore more efficiently work on the same task in parallel. For example, the CPU could load a compressed texture to memory, and then have the GPU decompress it, or the CPU could perform rigid body physics and then the GPU could immediately start working on soft body physics on the same object.

It means very little in the long run, though, since the hardware it's self is so weak. The processor is closer to having 3 Athlon X2 cpus with a 7850 and GDDR5 memory controller integrated into it with ~5gb of memory, and then another Athlon X2 with some ~3gb as an off-limits background coprocessor. It's certainly a huge step up from PS360, but then, so are next generation mobile processors.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#65my_name_is_EdPosted 3/27/2014 10:09:19 PM
Holy **** appo lol
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#66logicillPosted 3/27/2014 10:15:17 PM(edited)
GoIrish80 posted...
If you're serious, please jump off a building.

Is diving on a rock head first acceptable? Because he already has that one checked off.
---
"It doesn't matter where you start, because to get where you want to go, you have to go through Philadelphia." - Dusty Baker
#67BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 3/27/2014 10:30:56 PM
logicill posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If you're serious, please jump off a building.

Is diving on a rock head first acceptable? Because he already has that one checked off.

Good to know PC gamers are so insecure that they think someone has to have brain damage to like a console.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#68logicillPosted 3/27/2014 10:41:12 PM
I suppose I must have the ol' drain bamage as well... Damn.
---
"It doesn't matter where you start, because to get where you want to go, you have to go through Philadelphia." - Dusty Baker
#69BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 3/27/2014 10:44:12 PM
logicill posted...
I suppose I must have the ol' drain bamage as well... Damn.

wat is that
---
#70logicillPosted 3/27/2014 10:45:27 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
wat is that

Huh? Whaa? Who are you?
---