This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...
2 years ago#1
Hi, I'm Looking to purchase my first mechanical keyboard. What Mechanical Keyboard are you guys using and what would you guys recommend, No RAZER please. My Price is under $140 USD. I've only tried are the red switches & I didn't really like them much. I like to have some feedback when I press a Key & How are the Blue switches for gaming.

Thanks.
- Capcom Invented P-ULC: Paid-UnLockable Content.
- R.I.P. - Marvel Vs. Crapcom 3: Fate of One Year (2011 - 2011)
2 years ago#2
Personally I like the cherry MX browns.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#3
I'd look into wads.com and browns are a good all around switch I preffer blacks myself though.
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
2 years ago#4
Killah Priest posted...
Personally I like the cherry MX browns.

Not attacking this comment, but I have a slight rebuttal against this suggestion.

I currently have a MX Brown keyboard and while I do enjoy typing on it more than a regular keyboard, I tend to make more errors due how easy it is to press the key. Other than that, if your gaming Brown is great.

I am currently using a CM Quickfire XT i got it for around $89 on slight sale, and so far its very sturdy and surprisingly heavy, although I guess that could be said for any mechanical keyboard.

If your wary of Browns and want more options here are some switch suggestions.

Tactile Switches:
-Brown
-Clear (I want to try these since they're a "step up" from browns)
-Light Grey (I dont suggest these for gaming, but I'm interested in one once I can try a clear)

Tactile + Clicky:
-Blue
-Green (Stiffer Blue)
-White (Hard to find and stiffer spring)

Finally here are some suggestions
-Ducky Shine 3 (High quality board and one of the most suggested)
-Corsair K70 (Sexy looking aluminium board and Backlit w/ volume wheel)
-Corsair K95 (Same as K70 but comes with 18 macro keys)
-Cooler Master Trigger Z (Recently released fully backlit with 5 macro keys)
2 years ago#5
bumping for topre capacitive switches. I really like this keyboard.

it's worth considering over a cherry board IMHO
2 years ago#6
I like Blacks on my Deck Legend myself. It's about $30 out of your price range but it's the highest quality backlit mechanical I know of as far as build quality is concerned.

In your budget if you don't need back lighting I'd recommend a Filco Majestouch V2 which can be had for any switch, or a Cooler Master Quickfire line board if you need blacklisting. All the boats I've mentioned have Costar stabilizers.

You'll see a lot of people recommend Corsair boards but they use Cherry stabilizers and aren't worth their price.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
(message deleted)
2 years ago#8
Where can I fine Filco keyboard other than eBay
- Capcom Invented P-ULC: Paid-UnLockable Content.
- R.I.P. - Marvel Vs. Crapcom 3: Fate of One Year (2011 - 2011)
2 years ago#9
If your not set on a filco and are remotely interested in green or clear switches I still recommend looking into a wasd they just got clears in and have had green also reds blacks blues and browns.
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived