This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...
2 years ago#11
I have blues in my keyboard. Honestly it's great for typing, but they're rather loud and not very good for gaming. Stay away from blues if you plan on mostly gaming.
i7 950 | Asus Sabertooth x58 | GTX 560 SLI | Corsair 6GB 1333 DDR3 | Vertex2 80GB | WD Caviar Black 500GB | Corsair 650W | W7 | Dell 24" | Razer Blackwidow
2 years ago#12
Deck keyboards are definitely the most well build ones around, so if you're looking for a long lasting sturdy keyboard I would check them out.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
2 years ago#13
It is mostly personal preference. You should just go for the thing that feels best for you. Browns are kind of in between. So they are a safe be in the sense that it is unlikely that you will hate them.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
2 years ago#14
black switches, im never going back. a bit firmer than reds
2 years ago#15
Using a Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX Browns and love it. You'll have to find out which switch you prefer.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
2 years ago#16
2 years ago#17
I ordered a k70 with reds yesterday.

This information is useless to you.
Stay away from the Summoner!
2 years ago#18
Comes with blue/black/brown/red keys, although idk if you guys in US ever really heard of roccat
(basically razer looks with german quality).
Absolutley perfect for me, I think steelseries is around the same quality but their keyboards lack extra macro keys.
Or you can take a look at logitech.
PSN: GunmaN1905
Steam: GunmaN1905
2 years ago#19
Killah Priest posted...
Personally I like the cherry MX browns.

I like browns the best too. Not too loud but has a tactile click.
2 years ago#20
Get blues. Get o rings. Lessens the impact of the bottoming out sound and makes it closer to browns + it's not as scratchy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical Keyboard & Type of Switches...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived