This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

On the House promotion by good guy EA.

#11LoshadtPosted 3/28/2014 10:14:21 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Hating on EA is mainstream now, so you can like their games and still be cool.

It's not about being mainstream or cool, it's just that 99% of the crap that EA pumps out isn't worth playing, the only exception being Battlefield, which Bad Company 2 and earlier is definitely worth playing.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#12Ch3wyPosted 3/28/2014 10:17:53 AM
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...

It's not about being mainstream or cool, it's just that 99% of the crap that EA pumps out isn't worth playing, the only exception being Battlefield, which Bad Company 2 and earlier is definitely worth playing.

Conglaturations, you just said System Shock 2 isn't worth playing.

They've pumped out plenty of great games, Dead Space being one of them.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#13DerPancakePosted 3/28/2014 10:19:11 AM
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Yeah screw the millions of people who enjoy the other EA games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#14LoshadtPosted 3/28/2014 10:22:17 AM
Ch3wy posted...

apparently 99% = 100%. Outside of that, EA has only gotten worse since then.

DerPancake posted...
Yeah screw the millions of people who enjoy the other EA games.

Flies swarm to s***, arguing popularity is not an argument.
---
#15SleepComaPosted 3/28/2014 10:23:13 AM
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Yeah I get that's how you feel about them it's your opinion but I don't agree sir.
---
*Projectile Vomits* Those prices are fantastic!
#16ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/28/2014 10:24:22 AM
It'll be okay to dislike EA when they screw something up again.

EA is in a special position where if they wait long enough, people start to fanboy for them again. No matter what bad things they do. Often times, people will also compare them to Valve.

They have some special PR power that allows them to have such ridiculous, stupid fanboys.
#17Ch3wyPosted 3/28/2014 10:25:44 AM
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...

apparently 99% = 100%. Outside of that, EA has only gotten worse since then.

You said Battlefield was the only exception. That means that System Shock 2 is not an exception.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#18Orestes417Posted 3/28/2014 10:25:57 AM
Popularity is a better argument than "I'm a special snowflake who defines decent taste". And if you seriously believe you are qualified to speak for anyone outside yourself, a guy named Stephen Crane wrote a very famous poem you should perhaps take to heart.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#19Ch3wyPosted 3/28/2014 10:27:14 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
It'll be okay to dislike EA when they screw something up again.

EA is in a special position where if they wait long enough, people start to fanboy for them again. No matter what bad things they do. Often times, people will also compare them to Valve.

They have some special PR power that allows them to have such ridiculous, stupid fanboys.

Everyone always hates EA as a company, but it makes no sense to say they only publish garbage games. That's generally driven by nothing but bias when people say that.
---
#20LoshadtPosted 3/28/2014 11:51:17 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
You said Battlefield was the only exception. That means that System Shock 2 is not an exception.

I was talking more in regards to modern EA, but point taken.

To amend my statement then: EA doesn't really publish anything worth playing anymore, and a lot of the games they previously published aren't exactly stellar. On a side note, even if EA does publish a game I want in the future I won't be giving them any business because they're an awful company.
---