This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys care about Virtual Reality?

#11Lemur_HPosted 3/28/2014 10:42:02 AM
KJay489 posted...
I feel like they would have to tone down the difficulty level and pacing of games to compensate for the physical limitations of head tracking. Whether or not this will be fun remains to be seen, but perhaps it may open up a different kind of gaming genre.

ARMA is all about head tracking.

However, ARMA does it properly. Your weapon is not duct-taped to your face.
#12Edavy89Posted 3/28/2014 10:43:09 AM
It's the next logical evolution to gaming, It definitely made playing Hawken a lot more fun and immersive when I got the chance to test it, and it has an incredibly large target audience, as it encompasses so many more things than just gaming. It isn't going to work well with every game no, but it has a ridiculous amount of potential.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#13SuperSuikodenPosted 3/28/2014 10:44:25 AM
Not at all.
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
#14PhilOnDezPosted 3/28/2014 10:47:16 AM
Lemur_H posted...
KJay489 posted...
I feel like they would have to tone down the difficulty level and pacing of games to compensate for the physical limitations of head tracking. Whether or not this will be fun remains to be seen, but perhaps it may open up a different kind of gaming genre.

ARMA is all about head tracking.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people who seem to think the head tracking is going to replace the mouse. It just adds a second layer of camera control when done right, your head moves independently of your body, your body is controlled by the mouse and your head will move along with it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15DaedalusExPosted 3/28/2014 11:01:49 AM
Lemur_H posted...

Except your monitor is stationary, so when you turn your head you have to look sideways which feels completely unnatural.
#16Lemur_HPosted 3/28/2014 11:04:49 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Lemur_H posted...

Except your monitor is stationary, so when you turn your head you have to look sideways which feels completely unnatural.

We're discussing "VR" head tracking. So if these displays and tracking work as intended, this would no longer be an issue.
#17Orestes417Posted 3/28/2014 11:05:34 AM
Trying to remember if ARMA takes into account the accuracy implications of breaking a solid cheek weld to look around.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#18KJay489(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:22:25 AM
I feel like the problem is motion sickness when the virtual world spins without head movement. I do see how it can add to the gameplay especially when it comes to riding some sort of vehicle, whether it's a mech or car.
#19Ch3wyPosted 3/28/2014 11:23:13 AM
Implementation in Euro Truck Simulator 2 is what has me hyped the most about VR.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#20Cool_Dude667Posted 3/28/2014 11:25:59 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Implementation in Euro Truck Simulator 2 is what has me hyped the most about VR.

Is that game fun even if you drive frequently?

I recently drove from Oregon to Minnesota and back in under 2 weeks :(
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi