This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys care about Virtual Reality?

#111Ivany2008Posted 3/28/2014 8:20:46 PM
If we got the type of VR that was featured in the terrible movie Gamer, I'd be all for it. Not necessarily taking control of real people, but rather the option to have socialization of that type of calibur.
#112DarkLagunaPosted 3/28/2014 8:26:20 PM
As has already been mentioned, I won't be fully on board with VR until technology improves that it's more than just a gimmick.

It is important for the current gen VR to get some support, though, so that it continues to improve. There was a few times in the past where VR tried to catch on, but the technology just wasn't there. We're almost to the point that VR would actually be fully immersive and stand on it's own, but if the current gen fails (which it might, considering the 'sellout' of Occulus), it might be another decade before investors are willing to try again, and that could set the whole thing back. Or not; we might find the current advances in the medical field, being able to read brainwaves in a non-invasive manner, could lead to VR where data is streamed directly to our brains. That's still in the realm of sci-fi though, at least for the time being.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#113DaedalusExPosted 3/28/2014 8:35:49 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
My point was that you cant or wont do things in real life that you can or will do in video games.. I was just naming the reasons off the top of my head, so forgive me for missing some..

Sex. Sex with celebrities, sex with people it's illegal to have sex with. Andddddddd rape.
#114ChargedBusterPosted 3/28/2014 8:43:33 PM
When it becomes a holodeck I'll care.
---
Xbox live: aimforthebushes
#115Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/28/2014 8:44:56 PM
I care about the advancement of VR but I have no love for the current level of technology. I'll be excited for each next big development though.
---
3DS FC: 4210-5054-7114 - Pokemon X / Y IGN: Dylan / Lemons
#116AdrastiaPosted 3/28/2014 8:55:29 PM
I'm not that excited. I'll wait for the holodeck. I'll probably have to be reincarnated a couple of times though.

I wear glasses. And while I'm only nearsighted I can't see the 3DS on the 3DS without them. The distance I have to hold the console isn't far enough for me not to see it. Screens only become blurry at around two feet. I guess the glasses even out my eyes or something.

KJay489 posted...
I feel like they would have to tone down the difficulty level and pacing of games to compensate for the physical limitations of head tracking. Whether or not this will be fun remains to be seen, but perhaps it may open up a different kind of gaming genre.

Why head tracking instead of eye tracking? Is it a technological limitation? I mean both would cause fatigue after awhile. But it would be nice to be able to switch if one was bothering you.
---
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7
#117Da HuiPosted 3/28/2014 9:04:23 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can decide now. It's completely a wait and see situation. Also, does it matter if you don't think it'll be good for shooters? It's not made for one genre. I have 3 monitors and can play games at 5760x1080. Personally, I don't think shooters are that great across three monitors. I think driving games are amazing across three monitors. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will disagree with me on the opinion of genres at 5760x1080, as there will about different genres with VR. Personally, I'd love to try a racing game with VR, I think first person adventure games would be amazing too, I don't think shooters would work very well with it.
---
Don't **** with Da Hui
#118jenekiPosted 3/28/2014 9:13:51 PM
Immersion is not the same thing a good gameplay. Bring on something that uses VR in a fun and unique way, and I'll take a look. Otherwise, meh.
---
Up, Down, A, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, Up, A, Down, Right, Right, Left, B, Up, Left, A, Right, B, Left, Right, A, Left, Up, A, Down, A, Right, Left, B, Start.
#119Chosen_one_41Posted 3/28/2014 9:30:06 PM
Does VR just mean putting a small screen directly infront of your eyes? I don't see how it would be any different than looking at a screen the normal way.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm a gamer, I care about games. I really don't care which platform it's on.
#120kobalobasileusPosted 3/28/2014 9:51:15 PM
I think VR will make the dominant FPS genre more fun. Motion controllers like the Wiimote and Hydra already improved it immensely. And if every AAA game going forward is going to be some variation of FPS, it might as well be as immersive and enjoyable as possible.